Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Models

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ASimaging
    ASimaging  4 England
    10 Aug 2010 - 6:50 PM

I'm looking too do photography like the sort of images in the glamour section, but how do you go about getting people to model for you?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Aug 2010 - 6:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Aug 2010 - 7:02 PM

There are several types of glamour pics in the gallery, depends on the sort you want to achieve.

minicooper
    10 Aug 2010 - 7:02 PM

There many models sites on the internet try them. Before you do try to do a lighting/glamour course with a local studio. They're not cheap but you will get images to show your own models. Try Jessops school or the Flash Centre as well.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72271 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Aug 2010 - 7:55 PM

Try modelmayhem
    or purestorm

Chrism8
    Chrism8  7745 forum posts England14 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Aug 2010 - 8:07 PM

Or look at joining your local Camera club, many have a studio group or access to local models etc.

Chris

BigRick
    BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Aug 2010 - 8:26 PM

facebook..... i get all my TFP models from there, as there are always loads of people willing to get some pictures, and you can let them know what they are 'in for' before hand.

Just make sure you let them know what sort of shoot it will be and get them to sign a model release, and bring proof of age i.e. passport, or driving licence.... and preferably get them to bring someone else with them, and it is good if you have someone with you too.... just incase.

johnwillywoofit

OR NET-MODEL.COM

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014807 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Aug 2010 - 2:09 PM

never used facebook for this - may give it a try.

model mayhem is great, just type in your county and away you go - hundreds in Yorkshire, must be the same elsewhere

lots of emo/goth types though

BigRick
    BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Aug 2010 - 10:17 PM

Quote: Never used facebook for this - may give it a try.

model mayhem is great, just type in your county and away you go - hundreds in Yorkshire, must be the same elsewhere

lots of emo/goth types though

'Coral' in my portfolio was a model i 'found' on facebook.... she was very polite, easy to work with and because i had a couple of 'conversations' with her beforehand on facebook,,,, i got to find out the sort of thing she and i wanted. So all in all the shoot went well. Smile

oh yes.... Leeanne in my porfolio was also off of facebook. Smile

Last Modified By BigRick at 11 Aug 2010 - 10:18 PM
    john64
    john64 e2 Member 10824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
    12 Aug 2010 - 9:36 AM

I use Purestorm a lot, there's a free membership level if you want it, but you'll need a couple of 'model' shots to get your profile approved. You'll be able to find some group shoots in the forum to get you started.

Most of the models and photographers I've met on shoots I am now linked with on Facebook as well, another good vehicle for networking.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.