Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Models

10 Aug 2010 6:50PM
I'm looking too do photography like the sort of images in the glamour section, but how do you go about getting people to model for you?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2010 7:02PM
There are several types of glamour pics in the gallery, depends on the sort you want to achieve.
minicooper 6 536 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2010 7:02PM
There many models sites on the internet try them. Before you do try to do a lighting/glamour course with a local studio. They're not cheap but you will get images to show your own models. Try Jessops school or the Flash Centre as well.
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2010 7:55PM
Chrism8 8 752 14 England
10 Aug 2010 8:07PM
Or look at joining your local Camera club, many have a studio group or access to local models etc.

Chris
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2010 8:26PM
facebook..... i get all my TFP models from there, as there are always loads of people willing to get some pictures, and you can let them know what they are 'in for' before hand.

Just make sure you let them know what sort of shoot it will be and get them to sign a model release, and bring proof of age i.e. passport, or driving licence.... and preferably get them to bring someone else with them, and it is good if you have someone with you too.... just incase.
11 Aug 2010 2:06PM
OR NET-MODEL.COM
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
11 Aug 2010 2:09PM
never used facebook for this - may give it a try.

model mayhem is great, just type in your county and away you go - hundreds in Yorkshire, must be the same elsewhere

lots of emo/goth types though
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
11 Aug 2010 10:17PM

Quote:Never used facebook for this - may give it a try.

model mayhem is great, just type in your county and away you go - hundreds in Yorkshire, must be the same elsewhere

lots of emo/goth types though

'Coral' in my portfolio was a model i 'found' on facebook.... she was very polite, easy to work with and because i had a couple of 'conversations' with her beforehand on facebook,,,, i got to find out the sort of thing she and i wanted. So all in all the shoot went well. Smile

oh yes.... Leeanne in my porfolio was also off of facebook. Smile
john64 e2
10 824 England
12 Aug 2010 9:36AM
I use Purestorm a lot, there's a free membership level if you want it, but you'll need a couple of 'model' shots to get your profile approved. You'll be able to find some group shoots in the forum to get you started.

Most of the models and photographers I've met on shoots I am now linked with on Facebook as well, another good vehicle for networking.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.