Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

moire on the net

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

CDSINUK
CDSINUK  2219 forum posts England
28 Nov 2012 - 4:47 PM

Hi all, got a question dont know if anybody else gets this problem, when i edit sometimes in lightroom 4 i get the photo looking how i want it, no moire, but when i upload it or look at it in windows theres a moire, if i print it out the moire isnt there, ???? just seems to worse when i use blue tones, you get like a dirty green moire, ? ive tried to remove it using tools in light room and elements, but it remains ???

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Nov 2012 - 4:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CDSINUK
28 Nov 2012 - 4:51 PM

this is an extreme example
sun-on-my-face.jpg

when i print this the moire isnt there, when i upload it this is what i get ???

Last Modified By CDSINUK at 28 Nov 2012 - 4:52 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 4:57 PM

Sad

I cannot see any moire.

GarethRobinson
28 Nov 2012 - 4:59 PM

looks more like you are getting ca on the edges of the subject and then over sharpening, not moire.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 28 Nov 2012 - 5:00 PM
CDSINUK
28 Nov 2012 - 5:11 PM

Quote: Sad

I cannot see any moire.

i was afraid someone would say that, lol, might just be my monitor on its way out, thanks though Smile

CDSINUK
28 Nov 2012 - 5:14 PM

Quote: Looks more like you are getting ca on the edges of the subject and then over sharpening, not moire.

Hi Gareth...i did beef it up a bit to show whats going on, can you see a green and purple rainbow effect on the inner edge of the Vignette ???

Last Modified By CDSINUK at 28 Nov 2012 - 5:15 PM
GarethRobinson
28 Nov 2012 - 5:16 PM

I can yes and that's not moire.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 28 Nov 2012 - 5:17 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 5:20 PM

Quote: a green and purple rainbow effect

Still cannot see it but could it be colour noise as there appears to be some luminance noise in the sky ?

CDSINUK
28 Nov 2012 - 5:22 PM

i think its only me, it must be my monitor, its got worse over the weeks, i think theres a problem with it, but its reassuring , i thought there was something up with the software, ill give it a thump and see if it corrects itself lol Smile thanks for the help gareth,Smile

GarethRobinson
28 Nov 2012 - 5:27 PM

If your replacing your monitor make sure and spend a little extra and get an ips panel your eyes will thank you for it.

Jestertheclown
28 Nov 2012 - 5:32 PM

I might well be wrong but I thought 'moire' was caused by lots of parallel or overlapping lines?

What you have here looks more like artifacts caused, presumably, by over processing.

I would upload a shot of some zebras as an example but the Epz. uploader can't recognise my Jpeg. shot as being a Jpeg. Even though it has been since the moment I pressed the shutter.
Something else that needs reporting.

CDSINUK
28 Nov 2012 - 5:36 PM

hi Jester, i deliberatley over process to exagerate the problem so it would be clear on here what i was trying to show, but most people are not seeing what i am seeing on my monitor? like i said its not there on the print, or in the editing software workstation, just on uploads, its a bit wierd

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94038 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 5:42 PM

Looking on hubbys screen, not my hd one, the bird seems to have a sharp white halo all round it, maybe from over sharpening/processing?

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 6:32 PM

Cheer Up Its Almost Christmas......Smile

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 7:25 PM

Some posts have had to be removed because they referred to, or were reacting to an earlier (unnecessary) post in the thread.

Carry on Vince Grin

MODERATOR POST

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.