Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

moire on the net

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
CDSINUK
CDSINUK  2223 forum posts England
28 Nov 2012 - 4:47 PM

Hi all, got a question dont know if anybody else gets this problem, when i edit sometimes in lightroom 4 i get the photo looking how i want it, no moire, but when i upload it or look at it in windows theres a moire, if i print it out the moire isnt there, ???? just seems to worse when i use blue tones, you get like a dirty green moire, ? ive tried to remove it using tools in light room and elements, but it remains ???

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Nov 2012 - 4:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CDSINUK
28 Nov 2012 - 4:51 PM

this is an extreme example
sun-on-my-face.jpg

when i print this the moire isnt there, when i upload it this is what i get ???

Last Modified By CDSINUK at 28 Nov 2012 - 4:52 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96287 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 4:57 PM

Sad

I cannot see any moire.

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8979 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 4:59 PM

looks more like you are getting ca on the edges of the subject and then over sharpening, not moire.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 28 Nov 2012 - 5:00 PM
CDSINUK
28 Nov 2012 - 5:11 PM

Quote: Sad

I cannot see any moire.

i was afraid someone would say that, lol, might just be my monitor on its way out, thanks though Smile

CDSINUK
28 Nov 2012 - 5:14 PM

Quote: Looks more like you are getting ca on the edges of the subject and then over sharpening, not moire.

Hi Gareth...i did beef it up a bit to show whats going on, can you see a green and purple rainbow effect on the inner edge of the Vignette ???

Last Modified By CDSINUK at 28 Nov 2012 - 5:15 PM
GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8979 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 5:16 PM

I can yes and that's not moire.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 28 Nov 2012 - 5:17 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96287 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 5:20 PM

Quote: a green and purple rainbow effect

Still cannot see it but could it be colour noise as there appears to be some luminance noise in the sky ?

CDSINUK
28 Nov 2012 - 5:22 PM

i think its only me, it must be my monitor, its got worse over the weeks, i think theres a problem with it, but its reassuring , i thought there was something up with the software, ill give it a thump and see if it corrects itself lol Smile thanks for the help gareth,Smile

GarethRobinson
28 Nov 2012 - 5:27 PM

If your replacing your monitor make sure and spend a little extra and get an ips panel your eyes will thank you for it.

Jestertheclown
28 Nov 2012 - 5:32 PM

I might well be wrong but I thought 'moire' was caused by lots of parallel or overlapping lines?

What you have here looks more like artifacts caused, presumably, by over processing.

I would upload a shot of some zebras as an example but the Epz. uploader can't recognise my Jpeg. shot as being a Jpeg. Even though it has been since the moment I pressed the shutter.
Something else that needs reporting.

CDSINUK
28 Nov 2012 - 5:36 PM

hi Jester, i deliberatley over process to exagerate the problem so it would be clear on here what i was trying to show, but most people are not seeing what i am seeing on my monitor? like i said its not there on the print, or in the editing software workstation, just on uploads, its a bit wierd

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 5:42 PM

Looking on hubbys screen, not my hd one, the bird seems to have a sharp white halo all round it, maybe from over sharpening/processing?

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 6:32 PM

Cheer Up Its Almost Christmas......Smile

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012601 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2012 - 7:25 PM

Some posts have had to be removed because they referred to, or were reacting to an earlier (unnecessary) post in the thread.

Carry on Vince Grin

MODERATOR POST

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.