Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Monday Night Challenge - 21 March 2011

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
21 Mar 2011 9:26AM
Morning all - an early reminder that it's MNC Day - ie. Monday Night Challenge. I think I know what I'm going to set as your challenge this evening - and you might just hate me for it but it's a risk I'm prepared to take Smile

Hope someone shows up at 8pm ready to play!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
21 Mar 2011 10:20AM
I'm always ready to play!
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
21 Mar 2011 10:30AM
Good Smile

Thankfully I was reminded last night that I was hosting - I confess I'd completely forgotten Smile
21 Mar 2011 11:13AM
As long as its not Vegetables! You could pick something easy like white paper, then we could all see how dirty our sensors are!Grin
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
21 Mar 2011 11:20AM
definitely not vegetables - I've only got mouldy mushrooms now Smile

As for white paper - I'm not prepared to reveal just how many dust bunnies I own - my sensor is in dire need of a clean up apparently but I can't see a damned bunny - plenty on skies etc. though.....
21 Mar 2011 11:39AM

Quote:Definitely not vegetables - I've only got mouldy mushrooms now Smile

A mushroom is a fungus anyway, so we all have mouldy mushrooms!

I know what you mean about the dust bunnies, I can fix periscopes on submarines(part of my vast array of jack of all trades, master of none!) and it's amazing how a small speck of dirt on a lens can look like an aircraft at 10,000 feet! That reminds me, I need to borrow some lens cloths from work!
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
21 Mar 2011 12:05PM
oh picky - they're kept amongst the veggies so that's good enough for me - and I remember the tomato discussion elsewhere Smile

I might get the butterfly out whilst the challenge is running tonight though I fear it won't make any difference. I suppose I could simply make sure I don't photograph anything against a white background or the sky......
21 Mar 2011 1:01PM
I'm sure your fantastic imagination will come up with something! What's the butterfly by the way, or dare I ask!
Lynx08 e2
6 1.2k England
21 Mar 2011 1:42PM
Hi Alison & Andy,

Just having a snoop round the forums in the lunch hour at workTongue

Hope it's not toooooo taxing Alison, and I could have given you some nice sprouting spuds I found in the back of a cupboard yesterday!

See you both later
Lyn
21 Mar 2011 1:54PM
Lyn

You can still give us the sprouting spuds, in jpeg format! The B&W challenge doesn't end until 8pm Wednesday!
Lynx08 e2
6 1.2k England
21 Mar 2011 1:59PM
Oops, sorry, just been looking at hte B&W challenge i get the conversation about veggies now!! Wish I'd seen it before I'd thrown the spuds away.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
21 Mar 2011 2:09PM

Quote:I'm sure your fantastic imagination will come up with something! What's the butterfly by the way, or dare I ask!

Ha - hopefully the imagination will kick in!

As for the Butterfly - THIS is what I mean.....

That's unfortunate about the spuds Lyn - I'm sure you've some other veggies knocking about you can enter into the B&W challenge Smile
21 Mar 2011 2:34PM
Ohhh, I wonder if they sell one of those at LCE, I have a 50 voucher to spend from there! I think I may invest it in some good cleaning equipment. The periscope cleaning cloths I use are good, but not that good! If you lived any closer I would be nagging you for a lend!

Andy
Lynx08 e2
6 1.2k England
21 Mar 2011 7:32PM
OK in from work and dinner is in the oven!
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
21 Mar 2011 7:41PM
Well done Lyn - I was just about to bump this thread Smile

I guess you're rather more south west than I am Andy - I'm sorta southish westish but not really Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.