Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Monday Night Challenge 28th July 2014

cantona43 e2
9 915 4 England
28 Jul 2014 2:58PM
Evening all. Just a quick early call to everyone who would like to take part in the Monday Night Challenge at 8pm. I hope you are able to take part and enjoy the challenge I have set for the evening and hopefully see some new faces too. I'm looking forward to seeing the entries.

Here's the usual stuff

1. The photo must have been taken, processed and uploaded between 8pm and 9pm this-evening.
2. The challenge topic will be announced in this forum.
3. Any submission that appears to be taken before the competition started will be disqualified.
4. Any submission posted after the 'Time's Up!' announcement will also be disqualified.
5. The challenge is just for fun, the prize is the honour in taking part and winning.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week.
7. The winner gets to create, run, and judge the challenge the following week.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

28 Jul 2014 3:14PM
This is my first time here, and i dont find the theme? There must be a theme, right?
cantona43 e2
9 915 4 England
28 Jul 2014 3:19PM
The theme will be posted on here at 8pm then you will have 1 hour to post your entry on here hope this helps
Regards Neil
28 Jul 2014 4:31PM
Ok Thank you for helping me out.

But i have an advice. See im an Indian, and time here is approx 4:30 hours ahead of UK time.
So your 8PM will be our 00:30 in the night, which is hardly a time for photography. No one is awake, and if one is, hardly they would photograph at that time!

Why now have a time, which could be generalized for all?
cantona43 e2
9 915 4 England
28 Jul 2014 4:45PM
Why now have a time, which could be generalized for all?
Now that is a question I cannot answer you would have to take it up with EPZ maybe they will help you arrange a MNC for your timezone
Regards Neil
28 Jul 2014 5:13PM
Sure, i would do that Smile

IshAN
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
28 Jul 2014 6:00PM

Quote:Why now have a time, which could be generalized for all?
Now that is a question I cannot answer you would have to take it up with EPZ maybe they will help you arrange a MNC for your timezone
Regards Neil

This is a matter for the member who is responsible for the group. In the case of the MNC it's JackAllTog.
These groups are run by individual members, not by ePz and the site has no input in them.

Malc
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
28 Jul 2014 6:11PM
@ Ishan
You can always start up your own MNC for members in India and Asia - there are enough of them!Smile

Malc
cantona43 e2
9 915 4 England
28 Jul 2014 7:10PM
Not long to go now 50 mins let's hope we have a good turnout tonight
Neil
AndS e2
2 976 England
28 Jul 2014 7:27PM
I'll be here
gala e2
1 766 United Kingdom
28 Jul 2014 7:33PM
Evening - finally not working or away tonight
AndS e2
2 976 England
28 Jul 2014 7:37PM
Evening Cat, that makes 2 of us Smile
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
28 Jul 2014 7:37PM
Hope to be with you this evening. Smile
cantona43 e2
9 915 4 England
28 Jul 2014 7:41PM
Hi all so far
Neil
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
28 Jul 2014 7:48PM
Evening all Smile

As for your question about times Ishan - the suggestion that a similar challenge is set up for people in your time zone is the only real practical solution. If we set it several hours earlier then most of us over this side of the world would still be at work so unable to join in - there is no way we could set a time that would suit everyone.

Certainly there is currently a Monday Night Challenge group that was abandoned since people had got used to coming to the Light Hearted Chat forum for the challenge. That Group could be deleted to avoid confusion and you could start up a new group?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.