Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Monday Night One-Hour Challenge, Sept. 3, 2007

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mhaseman
mhaseman  7608 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 5:35 PM

Hi All!

On Monday at 8.00 p.m. sharp the latest Monday Night Challenge will take place.

What's a one Hour Challenge?
The one hour challenge is a fun competition to get your creative juices flowing and has been running since March 2004 following an idea introduced by 'Warb' and 'Syneasthesia.'

The idea is you are given a subject/theme/brief to shoot at 8.00 pm on Monday evening and you have 60 mins to complete the task and upload a photo. The theme is announced in the forums and in the gallery and photos are uploaded in the modifications area of the photo that is used to announce the challenge.

What are the rules of the challenge?
1. The photo must be taken, processed and upload before 9:00pm (one hour).
2. The challenge is started in the main gallery and the gallery description box states what the challenge is. You enter the challenge by uploading your picture as a 'modification' to the challenge announcement.
3. Any submission that appears to be taken before the competition started will be disqualified.
4. Any submission posted after the 'Time's Up!' image is uploaded will also be disqualified.
5. It's just for fun and a challange and details of any prizes will be announced along with the challenge.
6. The person who uploads the challenge is the judge for that week (that's me... only certain bribes will be accepted).
7. The first place winner gets to create, run, and judge the challenge next week.
8. As this uses the modifications feature, the winner needs to be an e2 member but if not, another member may step in and upload a challenge for you.
9. If the winner is on holiday the following week he/she can select another member to upload and take care of the challenge.

So... Here's this week's theme!
As usual, you'll have an hour to think up, shoot, produce and post an image that best represents the challenge theme for Monday night. And as a special preview, that theme is... (oops, edited for content).

So there it is. I hope you enjoy the theme! Smile (C'mon you didn't think I really would, did you?)

Challenge Prizes!
Information regarding prizes will be posted Monday along with a reminder beforehand that the challenge will take place.

If anyone has a question, feel free to post it here in this forum. I'm sure someone will be able to help, and of course I'll do my best to answer a query.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you Monday night at 8.00 p.m.

Cheers all, Martin

(p.s. Just kidding about the bribes)

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Sep 2007 - 5:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GPTek
GPTek e2 Member 8437 forum postsGPTek vcard England1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 6:26 PM

Hope to be there Martin

Geoff

mhaseman
2 Sep 2007 - 2:18 PM

It's almost tomorrow night! I hope you all have your creative juices going. Sounds like 'jaspernina' has something going by the subject matter of his new forum Smile

See you all tomorrow.
M

catnappin
catnappin  7666 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Sep 2007 - 3:56 PM

Batteries charging and hopefully will make it there barring any domestic disaster...

mhaseman
3 Sep 2007 - 3:23 AM

Regarding prizes for tomorrow... this is from last week's thread...

rictac2
Thanks for the heads up on Helena's post Glynn.

The prizes will be the same options until Tricia returns from the sunshine; we plan to have other options then, potentially including some tripod heads, brolly/lampholders, brollies, other reflectors/diffusers, low-level stands, daylight (5400K) Compact fluorescent bulbs, tripod and lighting stand kit bags....suffice to say, there will be lots of options over the coming weeks and months.

Regards all.

Richard

mhaseman
3 Sep 2007 - 12:59 PM

Confirmation this morning from David is that the prizes are the same as last week.

So not only will the winner get a free month's E2 status, but prizes will be awarded to the top three winners as judged.

Very nice indeed!

mhaseman
3 Sep 2007 - 5:40 PM

Only a couple of hours to go...

Hopefully domestic disasters, nagging partners, noisy kids and other distractions can be put at bay. If the mother in law is over, we'll see you next week! Smile

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108374 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2007 - 7:38 PM

Almost time...
Smile

dwilkin
dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Sep 2007 - 7:48 PM

Quote: So not only will the winner get a free month's E2 status, but prizes will be awarded to the top three winners as judged

I thought only the winner got a prize from photoskill? If this is not the case, can I still get one as second-place winner last week - coz I quite liked the grey target/reflector panel? Wink

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72345 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
3 Sep 2007 - 7:51 PM

Sorry guys, but only first place gets the prize, so start brown nosing Wink

dwilkin
dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Sep 2007 - 7:52 PM

fairy nuff - that's what I thought, but it's always good to get clarification

(EDIT: On the other hand, IF I win this week, you now know what I want! Wink)

Last Modified By dwilkin at 3 Sep 2007 - 7:54 PM
mhaseman
3 Sep 2007 - 7:52 PM

Oops sorry all. That's my wrong assumption... this whole thing is still pretty loose. Sorry Dave and thanks for clarification!

mhaseman
3 Sep 2007 - 7:53 PM

As for your fairy nuff... let's keep things like that to ourselves shall we? Tongue

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72345 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
3 Sep 2007 - 7:56 PM

dont worry about it emenk...or next time you will have to fork out for 2nd and 3rd prize Wink

mhaseman
3 Sep 2007 - 8:04 PM

OK it's posted. I'll upload out a time's up mod at 9.00 p.m. Good luck everyone! Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.