Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Monitor choices

MikeH e2
9 217 4 England
9 Aug 2009 9:59AM
I am currently updating my computer and am looking for a new flat panel monitor, possibly 22", as my main screen.
I have not got a clue where to start and am asking for any up to date experience you may have. I am thinking to use a two screen set up using my existing IIyama as a toolbar screen?
Any help would be welcome,
Thanks,Mike

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c e2
11 4.6k 36 England
9 Aug 2009 10:13AM
The HP LP2475w 24" widescreen monitor gets my vote.
It's ideal for photo ediditing and much better suited that a cheaper TN based panel.
It gives the best bang for the buck if you don't wish to spend three times as much on an Eizo or NEC equivalent.
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
9 Aug 2009 11:13AM
I got a 22" Mike...now I wish I'd gone for 24"....LOL

....Mike
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
9 Aug 2009 11:14AM
Run two screens...

Wink
justin c e2
11 4.6k 36 England
9 Aug 2009 11:28AM
Even with two screens, big is still better, IMHO.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
9 Aug 2009 12:01PM
I agree.

Two BIG screens.

Grin
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
9 Aug 2009 12:57PM

Quote:The HP LP2475w 24" widescreen monitor gets my vote

Agree with Justin, This is a totally fab screen, The actual panel is also the best of the current technologies for accurate colour, ie H-IPS, The same sort found in high end Panasonic flat panel TVs.

NEC are pretty good too, Was running 2 x 2090 UXi panels, These are fantastic, But they are also around 600 quid each....Anyhow my other half Gigantic CRT finally started playing up, So she now has my 2 NECs......Sad I decided to go for the HP LP2475w 24" widescreen, As a single screen option......Smile

Have to say I'm not disappointed, The HP LP2475w 24" widescreen, Is superb, Fab colour, Calibrates perfectly, Takes up less space than 2 screens, Less cables and clutter etc etc.....Smile Smile Smile

Here is some advice on panel types.

Also check out " TFT Central " for a fairly in depth review on the HP LP2475w........!!!!!

I'd have 2 off them.....But might need a bigger desk....Smile
newfocus e2
8 644 2 United Kingdom
9 Aug 2009 10:13PM
I've been very happy with an NEC 2490 wuxi but the HP screen mentioned does look good value on paper too. You're on the right track running an older/cheaper second monitor for extra space IMO - it works really well without spending the extra cash on another expensive new screen.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.