Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Monitor choices

MikeH 10 217 4 England
9 Aug 2009 9:59AM
I am currently updating my computer and am looking for a new flat panel monitor, possibly 22", as my main screen.
I have not got a clue where to start and am asking for any up to date experience you may have. I am thinking to use a two screen set up using my existing IIyama as a toolbar screen?
Any help would be welcome,
Thanks,Mike

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c 11 4.6k 36 England
9 Aug 2009 10:13AM
The HP LP2475w 24" widescreen monitor gets my vote.
It's ideal for photo ediditing and much better suited that a cheaper TN based panel.
It gives the best bang for the buck if you don't wish to spend three times as much on an Eizo or NEC equivalent.
MikeRC Plus
10 3.5k United Kingdom
9 Aug 2009 11:13AM
I got a 22" Mike...now I wish I'd gone for 24"....LOL

....Mike
User_Removed 11 17.9k 8 Norway
9 Aug 2009 11:14AM
Run two screens...

Wink
justin c 11 4.6k 36 England
9 Aug 2009 11:28AM
Even with two screens, big is still better, IMHO.
User_Removed 11 17.9k 8 Norway
9 Aug 2009 12:01PM
I agree.

Two BIG screens.

Grin
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
9 Aug 2009 12:57PM

Quote:The HP LP2475w 24" widescreen monitor gets my vote

Agree with Justin, This is a totally fab screen, The actual panel is also the best of the current technologies for accurate colour, ie H-IPS, The same sort found in high end Panasonic flat panel TVs.

NEC are pretty good too, Was running 2 x 2090 UXi panels, These are fantastic, But they are also around 600 quid each....Anyhow my other half Gigantic CRT finally started playing up, So she now has my 2 NECs......Sad I decided to go for the HP LP2475w 24" widescreen, As a single screen option......Smile

Have to say I'm not disappointed, The HP LP2475w 24" widescreen, Is superb, Fab colour, Calibrates perfectly, Takes up less space than 2 screens, Less cables and clutter etc etc.....Smile Smile Smile

Here is some advice on panel types.

Also check out " TFT Central " for a fairly in depth review on the HP LP2475w........!!!!!

I'd have 2 off them.....But might need a bigger desk....Smile
newfocus 9 644 2 United Kingdom
9 Aug 2009 10:13PM
I've been very happy with an NEC 2490 wuxi but the HP screen mentioned does look good value on paper too. You're on the right track running an older/cheaper second monitor for extra space IMO - it works really well without spending the extra cash on another expensive new screen.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.