Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Monitors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ray1
    ray1  9511 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Apr 2008 - 9:43 AM

Im looking for some recommendations for a new monitor. Im hoping for a 20 or 22" flat screen and have been considering the samsung SM2232BW which I saw on the net the other day for 164 although most sell for about 200. However, a review suggested some concern about light bleed so Im not 100% now. It will replace my 19" CRT that has always worked well. The new monitor will plug in to the PC and I plan to plug the macbook into it from time to time.

Does anyone have this monitor or have other recs.

Thanks

Last Modified By ray1 at 20 Apr 2008 - 9:44 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Apr 2008 - 9:43 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

snapbandit
    20 Apr 2008 - 11:39 AM

Recently changed to a 22" myself & on reading (admittedly mostly internerd sites!) there seemed to be three different versions of the Samsung, but all with the same basic spec but differing electronics, one of which was reportedly excellent (for the price point) & others less good, this and the unavailability from some of the suppliers I had to use (due to my work paying for most of the cost) I also checked out the LG L226WTQ & was able to compare it side by side with the Samsung, I could not see any difference in the display quality on the images I had taken in to view, this & knowing that supplier has good aftersales & promised that he would replace it no problem for any 'dead pixels' or IQ problems I went for the LG & have to say, after some initial setting up of brightness/contrast etc. I am delighted with the monitor. So I'd say it's well worth a look.

price wise it's round the same(ish) as the Samsung.

(still have to get round to getting a Spyder or Huey to profile it properly)

HTH

Joe B

ray1
    20 Apr 2008 - 11:44 AM

Can you remember which samsung was quoted as being the better one.

janovilas
    janovilas  9217 forum posts England
    20 Apr 2008 - 11:53 AM

If you can stretch to 300, I can recommend the Samsung SM245B...

snapbandit
    20 Apr 2008 - 11:54 AM

They were all the same manufacturer number but there is a code on the back of the monitor apparently, which tells you the version (unfortunately not on the outside of the box so you don't know until you open the box & look at the code)

Just checked and it was actually the 226BW Samsung I was checking, even some suppliers (such as Overclockers) have a disclaimer saying they cannot guarantee which 'panel type' will be supplied
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-050-SA
    HTH

ray1
    20 Apr 2008 - 12:04 PM

I have just been checking some reviews on ebuyer and everyone seems very happy with this model so its lokking good for a purchase.

MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 83465 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    20 Apr 2008 - 12:43 PM

Quote: I have just been checking some reviews on ebuyer and everyone seems very happy with this model so its lokking good for a purchase.

...which model are you talking about now ?

.....Mike

ray1
    20 Apr 2008 - 9:31 PM

The 2232BW

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85748 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Apr 2008 - 9:55 PM

Purchased the HP w2207h early Jan
    Can't fault it

Adrian

Kris_Dutson
    20 Apr 2008 - 10:05 PM

226BW or the new Pebble version.

And all the 226BWs are now made in the same factory. In fact, Samsung make the majority of flat panels for most other manufacturers anyway. (Which explains why my old Philips 4:3 panels were so good).

After a Spyder session, my 226BW was found to be slightly blue out of the box but pretty damn good all the same.

Last Modified By Kris_Dutson at 20 Apr 2008 - 10:06 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.