Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Month old butter

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
warb
warb  10839 forum posts
28 Jan 2004 - 1:34 PM

out of date by just over a month, looks ok, smells ok, tastes ok, will i die?

and why im here, how come foods that are normally soft go hard when they are left, and foods thats are hard go soft? and if left even longer go back to being soft or hard and then back again and on and on...?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Jan 2004 - 1:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jan 2004 - 1:38 PM

Hey Danny I didn't realise it was Friday! :0)

Why do you have to throw cheese away when it goes mouldy, except for the cheese that is mouldy when you buy it?

flossie
flossie  101557 forum posts
28 Jan 2004 - 1:49 PM

I don't think you'll die Danny, only maybe of boredom if you start thinking about things like that.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
28 Jan 2004 - 2:04 PM

take a chance and eat it. if we don't hear back from you we will know the result.

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
28 Jan 2004 - 2:10 PM

its ok, im still alive! i didnt worry about it for a second, its gone now, what will happen to it anyway? maybe it will go a bit softer? which is a good thing, or maybe get a few green bits in but i can pick them out.

p.s. i wish it was friday!

darla
darla  10341 forum posts
28 Jan 2004 - 2:12 PM

Hell just eat it, if it were the case that you would die from eating out of date food I would have carked it long ago in my skint student days!

flossie
28 Jan 2004 - 2:14 PM

Me too, remember that manky bit of sandwich spread or pizza or whatever at the back of the fridge that nobody fancied ...it suddenly looks delicious at 2am after a few bevvies :o)

darla
darla  10341 forum posts
28 Jan 2004 - 2:28 PM

At the back of the fridge? Hell we didn't have a fridge, the pizza lived in its box for a couple of days!!!!!

geoffmclark
28 Jan 2004 - 3:02 PM

Nothing wrong with a bit of homegrown penicillin
LOL
geoff

flossie
28 Jan 2004 - 4:34 PM

...and we all lived to tell the tale (and millions before us).
Getting a bit too paranoid about germs and cross contamination these days I reckon.

geoffmclark
28 Jan 2004 - 4:42 PM

Too true.
Seem to remember that when we had one bath a week and a lick and a promise behind the ears at other times we did not seem to suffer so much with health, (and dirty hands at meal times was not unusual...they say a peck of dirt never hurt anyone) but that could just be an illusion brought on by old age.
More LOL

geoff

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jan 2004 - 4:51 PM

It's a well known fact that the cleaner we get the more we lay ourselves open to infection.

I'm not saying we should go back to the days of open sewers but when the Ainsdale Horticultural Society can no longer sell home made cakes at the village show, because the members don't have hygiene certificates, you know it is getting out of hand. Who wants to buy Mr. Kipling's, when you used to be able to buy Mr. and Mrs. Next Door Neighbour's?

Anyway, does anybody know what harm we are doing ourselves ingesting all those detergent residues?

Pah

minoltaandy
28 Jan 2004 - 4:52 PM

True Geoff, I've read plenty of journal papers putting a lot of the rises in allergies, some cancers etc down to the increased level of cleanliness that we now seem to crave.

Not that I remember it, I'm only wee!

flossie
28 Jan 2004 - 5:22 PM

...and your Mum used to spit on a hankie and wipe your mucky face ...yack :o)

cameraboy56
28 Jan 2004 - 5:27 PM

Butter is fine at the moment, chickens I would worry about if a month old and holds a far eastern passport!!!!!
Marty

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.