Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Mood of the Nation

collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
18 May 2012 4:52PM
On BBC this morning an article on a Mood of the Nation poll by Strathclyde University. I logged on and completed my input which I thought was interesting. Results when finished will be published. There was no surprise in my results as I think my personality reflected the result but there are one or two EPZr's on here that I could predict what their results are.

See how you do. Mood of the Nation

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Zatoichi 5 707 United Kingdom
18 May 2012 5:05PM
Personality and political awareness are two different things. An individual can be happy in life and seriously disgruntled with politics, so I'm not sure where you're coming from with your comment.
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
18 May 2012 5:09PM
I'm a pessimist and my outlook is grim, is it any wonder with the state the nation is in at the moment.

Ade Sad
18 May 2012 5:10PM

Quote:I'm a pessimist and my outlook is grim, is it any wonder with the state the nation is in at the moment.

Ade Sad

Just my point because in here you're really quite a happy chap Grin
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
18 May 2012 5:16PM
It is a badly designed set of questions that assumes if you are resident in England you are English and the choices were over emotional so I think the results for people like me will come out wrong. How can I say I am proud to be English if I am not English.... BBC Please go and devise a sensible well structured set of questions.

For the record, I am proud to be British, I live in England but was born in Scotland and proud of my roots. I am optimistic about the future for Britain but pessimistic about a country with greater devolution or even worse one where Scotland spins off independently. I am fed up and disenchanted with all the political parties as I believe none of them have understood the real world economic situation we are in and they are too busy scoring points off each other when they should be building plans to take advantage of the strengths this country has and go forwards. I think the UK is a great place to live and I think we can come out of this recession even stronger of we do the right things. The characters of the people in Scotland, England and Wales are different but if we pull together we can all go forwards to a better life. Our strength is our differences. I think British people are in the main good people with a balance outlook on life.

Err this survey says I am a pessimist. !!!

I just do not like their questions as I could not show optimism on the bits I wanted to. Nor should I be counted as English.
18 May 2012 5:21PM
I got the same as Ade
18 May 2012 5:24PM
they are set up so that they get the answers that suit them rubbish if you ask me thats why the countrys in such a mess
18 May 2012 5:26PM

Quote:I got the same as Ade

Me too. I think most people will, at least those who read Tongue Couldn't agree more with strawman.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
18 May 2012 5:44PM

Quote:I'm a pessimist and my outlook is grim, is it any wonder with the state the nation is in at the moment.

Ade Sad

you aren't alone Ade, I'd say we were "Realistic" rather than Pessimistic
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
18 May 2012 5:56PM
I was an optmist Smile ................................ until I read this thread! Sad

Grin
loweskid e2
13 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
18 May 2012 6:19PM
I'm 'undecided', apparently. What rot.

Still, I might watch the programme to see what it's all about. Then again I might not .....
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
18 May 2012 6:21PM
I'm undecided too.

Mind, I did reply 'don't know' to all of the options questions except one.

As for watching the programme, that's a definite 'NO.'
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
18 May 2012 6:48PM

Quote:Mind, I did reply 'don't know' to all of the options questions

Kind of difficult not to "Are you proud of the history of your country"...er well um depends which bit really.
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
18 May 2012 6:56PM
Those questions looked loaded for a specific purpose, or outcome.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
18 May 2012 6:56PM
Sad I'm a pessimist and the outlook is grim. So what am I smiling about? Smile
This is definitely one for the Grumpy Group.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.