Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Mood of the Nation

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2012 - 7:10 PM

Quote: Those questions looked loaded for a specific purpose, or outcome.

this is more or less standard procedure these days surely?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 May 2012 - 7:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
18 May 2012 - 7:37 PM

I gave up half way through.

779HOB
779HOB  21018 forum posts United Kingdom
18 May 2012 - 7:37 PM

Quote: It is a badly designed set of questions that assumes if you are resident in England you are English and the choices were over emotional so I think the results for people like me will come out wrong. How can I say I am proud to be English if I am not English.... BBC Please go and devise a sensible well structured set of questions.

I think if you click Scotland, Wales etc at the bottom you get questions relating to those countries. Or at least they change the word English to say Scottish.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114491 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2012 - 8:25 PM

Quote: Just my point because in here you're really quite a happy chap

I am????......That's news to me, I've been trying to be an all round nasty bas**** for years, I must try harder! Tongue

As my wife tells me, I'm grumpy but funny?......No I dunno what she's talking about either?

AdeWink

collywobles
18 May 2012 - 8:41 PM

Bloody Hell reading you guys responses has pi$$ed me right off, up until reading that I was an Optomist! (8o)

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
18 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Sorry, I got to page 11 and decided it was a piece of ****. very badly designed. obviously has a hidden agenda.

monstersnowman
18 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Like any set of stats or study results ... You get the response you generally either want or expect if you ask the right questions. Honestly you could probably make someone sound a polar opposite if you ask a set of questions in two different ways. A similar thing may apply in interviewing suspects of crime, or sales techniques, etc etc

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014125 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Did anyone strongly agree with "People should support their country even if their country is wrong"? Sounds completely mental to me.

monstersnowman
18 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm an optometrist !!!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

that's another way of looking at the situation Tongue

keith selmes
19 May 2012 - 1:51 AM

Quote: Based on your answers, you are an optimist.

On balance, the future looks bright to you. The prospect of change doesn't scare you too much and you find much to be proud about. Challenging times but, despite some minor wobbles, you remain hopeful overall.

Generally true, but I don't find anything to be proud about, and that's how I answered - didn't say I was proud about anything.

I'm not really an optimist, but I'm probably less pessimistic than most Brits.

collywobles
19 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

How can you all get up in the morning and be so pi$$ed off and negative - it must make bloody long day for you all...............

keith selmes
19 May 2012 - 1:18 PM

Get up in the morning ?
So that's the problem, early morning grumps.
I had my optimism before going to bed in the morning Smile

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114491 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
19 May 2012 - 4:23 PM

Quote: Get up in the morning

Now there's a fecking novel idea!......That's assuming I've been able to get up the stairs and I had any sleep the night before and the night before that and the week before that and the month before that. Why? Well there's the spinal pain I suffer from an accident I had years ago, then there's obstructive sleep apnea. That's before we even get to the mental illness due to head injuries from the same accident and then all the worries I have about how I'm going to pay all the friggin' bills and the bas**** tax man, the morgage.........Blah de blah de blah.

Pretty much like everyone else I guess in this current climate....

Ade Sad

keith selmes
19 May 2012 - 6:15 PM

I feel almost guilty now.
In the last couple of weeks, I had my voluntary redundancy approved, had my application for free bus pass approved, and paid off my mortgage.
And met my nephew's new wife
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dantcf/6603894217/in/set-72157629477360518

I can see the people in my department who can't afford to take VR may have a tough time coping with a reduced workforce and new methods, but at the same time I think some vacancies will open up so some younger people will be able to shift from short low paid contracts to real jobs, and get a start in life.

Hence I can feel "uneasy" about the economic and political situation, but still feel "hopeful".
And whereas I'm not going to have much money myself, I am going to have a lot more freedom, so there is the same sort of trade off.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.