Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Mood of the Nation

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014818 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
19 May 2012 - 6:27 PM

When does it all take effect Keith? Oh, and congratulations, the freedom is the number one advantage. It'll be 9 years for me in December, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I sold my car about 3 or 4 years ago, and I really didn't miss it that much, except for photography, which really took a hit since my passion is wildlife. However, my wife got a car last week, and we have sort of re-entered the main stream of society again, not an easy task, and I have so many options open to me now, I don't know where to start.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 19 May 2012 - 6:28 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 May 2012 - 6:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keith selmes
19 May 2012 - 7:07 PM

Probably 31st July, but could be later. Actually looking forward to it. I will miss some aspects of work and people there, but I will miss some other aspects like I would miss a bad toothache.

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
20 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Quote: How can you all get up in the morning and be so pi$$ed off and negative - it must make bloody long day for you all......

Sounds like someone's pissed off because folk aren't agreeing with him. But he's not alone. It happens to me on a regular basis, usually in conversations with my wife Sad

In fact I get so pissed off sometimes, I have to go and have a lie down before I can get up of a morning...

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2012 - 2:25 AM

I was born pissed off and with frown lines Wink

Ade

collywobles
20 May 2012 - 8:47 AM

Quote: Sounds like someone's pissed off because folk aren't agreeing with him

No not at all - its an attitude to life, you can be a misery and a grump or you look at life in an enjoyable and positive way and get on with it. Life is for living, and getting through the day with a cheerful and positive attitude has got to be better than the alternative. I just feel sorry for people who are grumpy, moaning and critical all the time when its unecessary . I hear it every morning when I get my newspaper people moaning about the weather, the Government, the roads, money, imigration, people on the dole..... adinfinitum............... their day must suck!

As for you Ade - you have no chance then ..... (8o)

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64439 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2012 - 8:55 AM

Quote: I just feel sorry for people who are grumpy, moaning and critical all the time when its unecessary . I hear it every morning when I get my newspaper people moaning about the weather, the Government, the roads, money, imigration, people on the dole..... adinfinitum............... their day must suck!

Here! here! Colly. Smile But moaning probably cheers them up. If you listen to some phone-in radio stations it's non stop, 24/7 misery, but hey, if it floats your boat.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014144 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2012 - 9:14 AM

Nothing as depressing as optimism, life must be full of disappointments: Constantly expecting things to go well and being disappointed when they don't, life must be a constant stream of things not coming up to your expectations.
Pessimism is much more cheerful, wake up and expect everything to be crap then the day is full of pleasant little surprises when things go well or are nowhere near as bad as you thought they were going to be.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64439 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2012 - 9:30 AM

Here! Here! Lobster. Don't no-one ever say I don't go with the flow. Wink

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
20 May 2012 - 9:31 AM

Quote: ...wake up and expect everything to be crap then the day is full of pleasant little surprises

Blimey.....an optimistic pessimist!

Footnote - the optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this to be the case...

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110288 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Quote: Probably 31st July, but could be later. Actually looking forward to it. I will miss some aspects of work and people there, but I will miss some other aspects like I would miss a bad toothache.

Enjoy your new career Keith. Most of us "Early Escapees" reckon its the best career move we ever made (mind you, even after 15+ years I'm still struggling to fit everything into the day, but its MY pressure, not THEIRS, a totally different feeling Grin )

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
20 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Quote: Most of us "Early Escapees" reckon its the best career move we ever made (mind you, even after 15+ years I'm still struggling to fit everything into the day, but its MY pressure, not THEIRS, a totally different feeling )

Ha! I'm wishing and hoping but the organisation that employs me just put the retirement age up to 65. However, I've a right to retire at 60 but on a reduced pension. Just hoping they'll offer a deal to leave early with extra years added.

DOGSBODY
DOGSBODY  61432 forum posts England30 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2012 - 5:38 PM

Quote: Those questions looked loaded for a specific purpose, or outcome.

Yes, I agree. I came out as a pessimist but, I would think that any "realist" would be classed as pessimistic too in this survey. Pessimism can't be linked to unhappiness as most of us try to make the very most of what we have got.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.