Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

More than just a photo critique site

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    janehewitt
    janehewitt  10215 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2004 - 8:14 AM

I just wanted to say how much I value the people on this site. Although I know its primary purpose is photo critiques etc it is also a place for encouragement and support. I've had an awful 2 weeks, my husband has left me and my son as the result of his affair. I felt dreadful and couldn't even think about taking photos. On Friday I was so miserable I wanted to 'talk' and posted a photo saying how unhappy I was. It mad me weep when turning on my computer on Friday night there were 27 messages of support, encouragment and advice. this morning Bob(delta100bw) has even put up a photo for me to cheer me up. Sorry if this is rambling but I wanted to say a big thank you to all and say how it helps to have something postive to focus on. Jane

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Oct 2004 - 8:14 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2004 - 2:38 PM

Glad the ePz community was able to help you a little Jane. Just don't expect to get any EC's out of sympathy. :0)

Ian

janehewitt
    3 Oct 2004 - 2:41 PM

Thanks Ian! I can blame my lack of EC's on the fact that Pete's avoiding complaints of sympathy voting! LOL Jane

debbiehardy
    3 Oct 2004 - 2:47 PM

Jane, I'm in full agreement about the lovely people on this site. I hope the kindness of others helps you to get through this awful time. Talk anytime if it helps, ...debbie@dvdreams.co.uk...

janehewitt
    3 Oct 2004 - 2:50 PM

Thanks Debbie, yet another example of kindness, I rest my case! Jane

tiptoe
    tiptoe  10267 forum posts
    3 Oct 2004 - 3:12 PM

Maybe that could be an offshoot for Pete.
    He could set up a board where people with the same sorts of problems can get together and have a jolly good talk about it. Sometimes you feel like you're the only person in the world going through this sort of thing. Finding out there are others who not only have been through it but have come out the other side with a big smile, gives us perspective.

Or maybe a digi dating agency Pete!

'A problem shared is a problem halved'

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2004 - 3:15 PM

Well the new Off-Topic section of the forum seems as good a place as any to have a chat.

KathyW
    KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2004 - 3:18 PM

Hi Jane, sorry to hear you're having such a rough time at the mo...
    I hadn't looked at your portfolio before, but now I have to say that looking at all your beautiful flower shots certainly cheered me up!
    Try and Keep smiling, and keep your photography in focus :0)

peterkin
    peterkin  10618 forum posts England
    3 Oct 2004 - 9:29 PM

Sorry to hear of your problems, Jane. It seems trite to say this, but things will get better. Good luck to you and your son.

Kind regards

Peter

Oh, lovely image.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.