Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

More to come from Canon ??

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SimPick
    SimPick  8545 forum posts Azerbaijan2 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2008 - 2:08 PM

Just a thought, and it may be nothing, but it's half-interesting speculation......maybe...........

In the last week or so when Canon gave us several teasers on their website about the EOS story continuing, etc etc... with all these teaser images of the top of a camera popping up and down on the homepage, they showed a camera with no mode dial and no visible buttons on the left side, and shape very much in he same mould as the 1 series and very smooth. Yet the 5d mkII has come out with a very visible mode dial, and not the same shape as the teaser image. So, more to come maybe ??

Simon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Sep 2008 - 2:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ChuckThompson
    17 Sep 2008 - 2:21 PM

maybe. except that the adverts you're talking about have been updated to show the 5D mk 2

http://www.canon.com/moon/en/index.html

SimPick
    17 Sep 2008 - 2:32 PM

Yeah, I saw that. I was mainly talking about the one on the Canon homepage, with the top of a camera popping up and down and going left to right. That one was definitely not the same shape as the 5d mkII. It had no visible mode dial.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315605 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Sep 2008 - 2:39 PM

The one on the UK site now has 2 cameras floating past. One has the mode dial and one doesn't. (it's the 5d Mk II and the SX1)

Last Modified By Big Bri at 17 Sep 2008 - 2:40 PM
    SimPick
    17 Sep 2008 - 3:37 PM

Quote: The one on the UK site now has 2 cameras floating past. One has the mode dial and one doesn't. (it's the 5d Mk II and the SX1)

There was another ad. Not the same as the one there now. The one I am talking about had one camera, and only the very top of it was shown, as viewed directly from the front. You could only see approximately the top 10-15% of the camera. It was a pro body shape wih no mode dial.
    It's probably nothing, and just Canon throwing people off track.

Jools_jti
    Jools_jti  8257 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Sep 2008 - 3:46 PM

It was and some comparisons on dpr showed it matched the 1D series body for shape. Now lots of talk about a 1DIV but no rumours of a date.

Also the the lenses 17-40 and 24-105 are still missing from the uk site but are shown on the us site.

ckristoff
    ckristoff  10941 forum posts Wales
    18 Sep 2008 - 7:13 PM

That may well be.

Those 2 lenses are still in my camera bag, my friend! Smile

Frank.

elowes
    elowes  102832 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Sep 2008 - 7:53 PM

Mine too. If I were to loose the 24-105L I would possibly buy the 24-70L but if I lost the 17-40L I would buy another.

stevemelvin
    stevemelvin e2 Member 8675 forum postsstevemelvin vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Sep 2008 - 9:08 PM

Quote: Also the the lenses 17-40 and 24-105 are still missing from the uk site but are shown on the us site.

The 24-105 lens is still on the UK site, but under the Image Stabilisation section. Also it has been announced that it will be supplied as a kit with the new 5D2. So it's here for a while yet.

But, I agree, the 17-40 has gone.....interesting!

domhenry
    domhenry  7111 forum posts England
    19 Sep 2008 - 3:56 PM

24-70 IS 2.8 L with latest IS and nano lens coatings...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.