Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Most Honoured Moment

kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
29 Jan 2010 9:26AM
Just out of curiosity - what is your most honoured moment (apart from being present at childrens birth etc)

A few years ago I was honoured to be allowed to stay locked in a room with a collegue and a master jeweller who was cleaning the Scottish Crown Jewels.
I was allowed to pick up and handle these items and have details pointed out which are not generally known.
The sword (which was broken in 3 for concealment and subsequently repaired) is extremely delicate and wobbled and bent very worryingly. Afterwards we were told that if it broke there was not enough metal left due to cleaning and its original delicacy it could no be repaired ..... gulp!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2010 1:17PM
Mine was having 2 sealions decide to swim with me when I was snorkelling off one of the Galapagos Islands a couple of years ago. It was an experience which will stay with me forever.

Two more moments were when my grandchildren told me for the first time that they loved me. Smile

Ian
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
29 Jan 2010 1:20PM

Quote:
Two more moments were when my grandchildren told me for the first time that they loved me.

I think that's why they suggest you write your will when other members of your family aren't present.
Wink
29 Jan 2010 1:23PM
lol, too true.

Mind you, at that time there were no presents either promised or received. Grin
1 Feb 2010 1:57PM
Just you and I have felt honoured in our lives then Ian
1 Feb 2010 3:08PM
I feel honoured to be part of such a select group. Wink
User_Removed 5 718 9 England
1 Feb 2010 3:14PM
When asked to be Godparent to my niece, beats everything hands down Smile
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2010 7:32PM
So far in my life, my wife saying 'yes' to my marriage proposal. Smile

She's the best thing that ever happened to me, and i feel honored to be allowed to be part of her life. Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
1 Feb 2010 7:41PM
This has really had me racking my brains - and I'm sure I am not alone! Wink

I guess I'm not the sort of chap who is likely to ever feel particularly 'honoured' about anything, frankly. And I'm probably not alone in that, either................

......... but I will keep thinking. Smile
1 Feb 2010 7:50PM
Stroking a Grey Whale calf and when it opened it's mouth touching the baleen that is used to strain plankton.

These animals were hunted within living memory but it's mother just cruised around a short distance away and watched because they are now safe in the lagoon.
danbrann e2
10 495 15
1 Feb 2010 8:09PM
Being introduced to the Queen for some Architectural work I carried out at Vindolanda museum.
1 Feb 2010 11:47PM
Stroking a whale ....................fantastic
RichardN00 8 430 1 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2010 8:38AM

Quote:Stroking a whale ....................fantastic

Is that a euphemism, or bragging...
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
2 Feb 2010 8:46AM
I have not got one !
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
2 Feb 2010 4:15PM
"honoured" is an interesting choice of word - it implies that it's something that's bestowed on you rather than something you've achieved and are proud of...

I guess I was quite honoured when Leeds Council asked for a print of one of my Leeds shots to give as a gift to the visiting president of Iceland (before they went bust).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.