Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Most irritating cliche's

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

filmforever
1 Jun 2011 - 11:04 AM

One of the most irritating phrases I hear repeated over and over, usually by silly female TV reporters at showbiz events......."Flashbulbs were popping"......grrrrrr. Don't they realise the last flashbulb "popped" around 1961???...

Another irritant, uttered by every politician when he/she is backed into a corner....."Lessons will be learnt"........(when you know damn well they won't)

And why in TV terms is every photographer a "paparrazi"?.......(e.g. "the paparrazi were out in force today")........outside a Crown Court???.....I don't think so.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jun 2011 - 11:04 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64346 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2011 - 11:19 AM

My pet hate is when someone is being "treated" to a slap up meal! Doesn't sound like much of a treat to me. Sad

Nigeyboy
Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Jun 2011 - 11:37 AM

How about "that went down like a lead balloon"? Surely a lead balloon would go down very well indeed?!Grin

MikeA
MikeA  91166 forum posts England
1 Jun 2011 - 11:38 AM

"My pet hate is when someone is being "treated" to a slap up meal! Doesn't sound like much of a treat to me."

Especially when it is not youWink

"Going forward" what ever that is.

ChrisTom
ChrisTom  672 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Jun 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hate, 24 / 7.

Chris R.

thewilliam
1 Jun 2011 - 11:51 AM

Let's not beat about the bush because at the end of the day it's much better to cut to the chase or else cut and run by just telling it as it it ...........

randomrubble
1 Jun 2011 - 11:51 AM

"World Class"

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64346 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2011 - 12:05 PM

Rubber-necking - particularly galling when used by Everyone on TV and radio in a holier-than-thou way when traffic has to slow down because there's been an accident.

What are we supposed to do, jump over all the other cars in front and whizz by regardless of whether there's rubbish in the road? Grrrrr, makes my blood boil. Sad

MikeA
MikeA  91166 forum posts England
1 Jun 2011 - 12:06 PM

Quote: Let's not beat about the bush because at the end of the day it's much better to cut to the chase or else cut and run by just telling it as it it ...........

Wow, I am impressed, the total vocabulary of a Premier league footballer / commentator in one sentence.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73294 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2011 - 12:28 PM

Actually Mike I think thats both the footballer and the commentator together.

User_Removed
1 Jun 2011 - 12:46 PM

People who say 110% about things where the maximum is 100%. Some idiot on tv the other day said "I'm going to give a million and one percent". I also hate "at the end of the day" favoured by people on Jeremy Kyle type shows.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2011 - 12:57 PM

Quote: People who say 110% about things where the maximum is 100%. Some idiot on tv the other day said "I'm going to give a million and one percent".

+1

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2011 - 12:59 PM

At the end of the day I agree 237% with the statements above. Smile

Carrera_c
Carrera_c  5254 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2011 - 1:08 PM

"Swings and Roundabouts" hate that phrase!

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2011 - 1:19 PM

Quote: What are we supposed to do, jump over all the other cars in front and whizz by regardless of whether there's rubbish in the road?

There's no rubbish in the road when the accident is on the opposite carriageway. Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.