Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Most scenic locations in the UK?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
scottishphototours

Gotta be the view of Blackrock Cottage and the Buchaille for me...it never looks the same - changes in every day of every season. This was taken at stupid o'clock one morning in June on a tour.

blackrockmorning.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Jan 2012 - 7:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Camairish
Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
24 Jan 2012 - 8:39 PM

"As I gave yet another EC out to that famous mountain / stream scene I wondered if it's the most scenic view in the UK"

Not the most scenic - perhaps the most 'seen'.

It's one of a handful of roadside landscape locations that crop up almost daily on epz, Black Rock cottage and Lochan na h'Achlaise being two other examples within 10-15 minutes of the shot in question - and yes I've done them all too - maybe even received an award for one of them in the early days.

Whilst I enjoy viewing well executed landscape photography I prefer to see novel viewpoints or original approaches to already familiar locations.

Having said that - anything that encourages people to get outdoors and experience the beauty of our countryside has to be encouraged.

Last Modified By Camairish at 24 Jan 2012 - 8:41 PM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jan 2012 - 9:53 PM

Actually - how about Media City at Salford Quays?

That place has had more awards on here than Glen Coe, or anywhere else I can think of.

alansnap
alansnap e2 Member 10509 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 1:24 PM

Wot a larf Pete, Grin the most scenic place in the UK could be many places depending on weather, circumstances and so on. If I have to plump I'd say Elgol. It is dramatic in any conditions and when I finally made it it was flat calm and one of the hottest places in Europe (May 2008). My shot is necessarily taken late afternoon - to have stayed to sunset would have been great but I had 90 year old Mum and 84 year old Mum-in-Law with me so...
Alan

mlewis
mlewis  91470 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Jan 2012 - 5:40 PM

Torridon is rather scenic.

mgts24
mgts24 e2 Member 3mgts24 vcard United Kingdom
25 Jan 2012 - 8:59 PM

Sorry to say it, but I think it's daft to suggest that one place could be the most scenic view in the land? Just as it is daft to suppose that there could be a 'most beautiful woman in the world.' It's a moveable feast, as the seasons change, as the light changes, as the photographers change. . .

Michael

ade_mcfade
25 Jan 2012 - 9:07 PM

lol - the inevitable "question the question" comment Wink

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  31118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 9:11 PM

Quote: Lol - the inevitable "question the question" comment Wink

Respect to you Ade - you do know the membership's behaviour. Wink

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105967 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 9:22 PM

The Cuillin from Elgol

Whatever the weather, it rarely fails to impress... Smile

KathyW
KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 10:40 PM

Or is it the skill of the photographers that impresses?

Why do all the "scenic" places have so many bumpy bits? I have a strange fondness for the Fens myself... Mist rising from the ice bound reeds, a flight of geese heading into the sunset, the sound of duelling banjos drifting across the marshes. Tongue

ade_mcfade
25 Jan 2012 - 11:04 PM

if you take cameras out of the equation then... where's dead pretty or impressive?

Gordale Scar is amazing, but a bitch to get a good shot of it - one that conveys the size and what it's like in there... they just end up looking like lots of rocks

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 63723 forum postsNick_w vcard England98 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 11:32 PM

For me it was a one off, Stonehaven Harbour late one summer, about midnight, the only time I've seen the Milky Way in the UK, truly awesome (before I took up photography) - still pails in to insignificance to when I saw the Milky Way in Australia in a very remote part of Queensland. But I suppose thats not really location but circumstances.

The other one to me is the view when I'm coming home, its very bland until one point when the vista opens up, I know then I'm home after a long stressful day, but again it doesn't work as a photo.

I too don't particularly like the view of Buchaille with the stream - They are all nearly identical compositions due to accessibility , 3/4 converted to moody Black and White - Which is exactly what I would do if I were to take it (I went once - and didn't even get the camera out, as it peed down and there was no flow in the stream) that tree in the stream just annoys me every time I see it, for me it breaks the flow of the composition.

Last Modified By Nick_w at 25 Jan 2012 - 11:43 PM
ade_mcfade
25 Jan 2012 - 11:35 PM

I saw the milky way in wensleydale on new years eve - was at Simonstone, a few miles from Hawes

was amazingly clear at about 1AM - quite amazing isn't it

used to go on Pendle Hill when we were kids and look at it from there too

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 63723 forum postsNick_w vcard England98 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 11:46 PM

I would love to capture the Milky Way one day, the time in Australia my wife and I spent 45 mins with out heads cranked up looking at the sky - and we were on our honeymoon.....

and before you ask the answer is no we weren't !

HJKeithW
HJKeithW  559 forum posts New Zealand
25 Jan 2012 - 11:52 PM

Don't forget though that we don't all live in the UK, I'm on the far side of the world!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.