Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Most scenic locations in the UK?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

scottishphototours

Gotta be the view of Blackrock Cottage and the Buchaille for me...it never looks the same - changes in every day of every season. This was taken at stupid o'clock one morning in June on a tour.

blackrockmorning.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Jan 2012 - 7:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Camairish
Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
24 Jan 2012 - 8:39 PM

"As I gave yet another EC out to that famous mountain / stream scene I wondered if it's the most scenic view in the UK"

Not the most scenic - perhaps the most 'seen'.

It's one of a handful of roadside landscape locations that crop up almost daily on epz, Black Rock cottage and Lochan na h'Achlaise being two other examples within 10-15 minutes of the shot in question - and yes I've done them all too - maybe even received an award for one of them in the early days.

Whilst I enjoy viewing well executed landscape photography I prefer to see novel viewpoints or original approaches to already familiar locations.

Having said that - anything that encourages people to get outdoors and experience the beauty of our countryside has to be encouraged.

Last Modified By Camairish at 24 Jan 2012 - 8:41 PM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014814 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jan 2012 - 9:53 PM

Actually - how about Media City at Salford Quays?

That place has had more awards on here than Glen Coe, or anywhere else I can think of.

alansnap
alansnap e2 Member 10529 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 1:24 PM

Wot a larf Pete, Grin the most scenic place in the UK could be many places depending on weather, circumstances and so on. If I have to plump I'd say Elgol. It is dramatic in any conditions and when I finally made it it was flat calm and one of the hottest places in Europe (May 2008). My shot is necessarily taken late afternoon - to have stayed to sunset would have been great but I had 90 year old Mum and 84 year old Mum-in-Law with me so...
Alan

mlewis
mlewis  91476 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Jan 2012 - 5:40 PM

Torridon is rather scenic.

mgts24
mgts24  3 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2012 - 8:59 PM

Sorry to say it, but I think it's daft to suggest that one place could be the most scenic view in the land? Just as it is daft to suppose that there could be a 'most beautiful woman in the world.' It's a moveable feast, as the seasons change, as the light changes, as the photographers change. . .

Michael

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014814 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 9:07 PM

lol - the inevitable "question the question" comment Wink

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 9:11 PM

Quote: Lol - the inevitable "question the question" comment Wink

Respect to you Ade - you do know the membership's behaviour. Wink

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105968 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 9:22 PM

The Cuillin from Elgol

Whatever the weather, it rarely fails to impress... Smile

KathyW
KathyW  111793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 10:40 PM

Or is it the skill of the photographers that impresses?

Why do all the "scenic" places have so many bumpy bits? I have a strange fondness for the Fens myself... Mist rising from the ice bound reeds, a flight of geese heading into the sunset, the sound of duelling banjos drifting across the marshes. Tongue

ade_mcfade
25 Jan 2012 - 11:04 PM

if you take cameras out of the equation then... where's dead pretty or impressive?

Gordale Scar is amazing, but a bitch to get a good shot of it - one that conveys the size and what it's like in there... they just end up looking like lots of rocks

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 11:32 PM

For me it was a one off, Stonehaven Harbour late one summer, about midnight, the only time I've seen the Milky Way in the UK, truly awesome (before I took up photography) - still pails in to insignificance to when I saw the Milky Way in Australia in a very remote part of Queensland. But I suppose thats not really location but circumstances.

The other one to me is the view when I'm coming home, its very bland until one point when the vista opens up, I know then I'm home after a long stressful day, but again it doesn't work as a photo.

I too don't particularly like the view of Buchaille with the stream - They are all nearly identical compositions due to accessibility , 3/4 converted to moody Black and White - Which is exactly what I would do if I were to take it (I went once - and didn't even get the camera out, as it peed down and there was no flow in the stream) that tree in the stream just annoys me every time I see it, for me it breaks the flow of the composition.

Last Modified By Nick_w at 25 Jan 2012 - 11:43 PM
ade_mcfade
25 Jan 2012 - 11:35 PM

I saw the milky way in wensleydale on new years eve - was at Simonstone, a few miles from Hawes

was amazingly clear at about 1AM - quite amazing isn't it

used to go on Pendle Hill when we were kids and look at it from there too

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2012 - 11:46 PM

I would love to capture the Milky Way one day, the time in Australia my wife and I spent 45 mins with out heads cranked up looking at the sky - and we were on our honeymoon.....

and before you ask the answer is no we weren't !

HJKeithW
HJKeithW  659 forum posts New Zealand
25 Jan 2012 - 11:52 PM

Don't forget though that we don't all live in the UK, I'm on the far side of the world!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.