Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Most under and overated

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2008 - 1:39 PM

Okay here's a slant on two recent threads.

Nominate two of your own photos - one that you feel should have been rated higher, and one where you cannot believe it did so well.

I'll kick off:
I really liked this shot...I was pleased with the textures, the grubbiness, the starkness, the balance and the intrigue.
It reminds me of a shot I saw in Bob Carlos Clarke's book where he'd photographed remnants on the Thames estuary> It's mono, not a landscape and lacks visual stimuli that many successful pics have so I can see why, but still a disappointment to see the low score compared with other images in my folio.

One that shouldn't have done so well is this one It was uploaded for fun to join in the Pareen theme of 60s portraits. It's a snap and has been voted high because A) it's me and B) it was a very highly promoted aspect of the gallery when it went live. I appreciated all the friendly comments but don't think the clicks are necessary and I have many photos in my folio that deserve more than this.

Next....

Last Modified By Pete at 18 Jun 2008 - 1:40 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Jun 2008 - 1:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2008 - 1:43 PM

This looks like a click-gathering thread if ever saw one. Shame on you Pete Tongue

Michelle_S
18 Jun 2008 - 1:44 PM

click tart Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2008 - 1:45 PM

Quote: This looks like a click-gathering thread if ever saw one. Shame on you Pete

No hopefully not and I hope Miles doesn't spot the thread and post a link to that **** duck Wink

Grimm
Grimm  7587 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2008 - 1:47 PM

i like this one, this one is just *****.

Last Modified By Grimm at 18 Jun 2008 - 1:50 PM
bangalicious
18 Jun 2008 - 1:48 PM

Nice idea.

This photo has the most attention in my profile (http://www.ephotozine.com/u71804/gallery/800480) but i still think it deserves more Smile

Was quite surprised at how well this one did though (http://www.ephotozine.com/u71804/gallery/889972) as it was just a quick shot with no set up at all!

Anil

Michelle_S
18 Jun 2008 - 1:51 PM

This could be quite interesting even theraputic to go through your own pics seeing them as others have

i liked this but was suprised it did so well, i think it lacked 'something' and i dont feel it deserved as much attention as it did get.
Thisone i thought might have done better, not wanting clicks either if i could id disable voting on them to prove it Tongue

MadTrace
MadTrace  9268 forum posts United Kingdom
18 Jun 2008 - 1:53 PM

I like this One but was not sure about this one

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2008 - 1:59 PM

For me my most over-rated is this maybe because it was a meet related one, and my 1st dabble at landscape / sunset.......ok I'll admit it I hate it!

Whereas this one with its variants was so under-rated, maybe because its photo journalism, maybe cause people didnt take the time to follow the sequence. I dont know, but that gave me far more satisfaction than that seascape ever could.

Carl

bangalicious
18 Jun 2008 - 1:59 PM

Nice idea.

This photo has the most attention in my profile but i still think it deserves more

Was quite surprised at how well this one did though as it was just a quick shot with no set up at all!

Anil.

Sorry for reposting but i have finally just learnt how to link, properly!

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2008 - 2:00 PM

Quote: No hopefully not and I hope Miles doesn't spot the thread and post a link to that **** duck

I think he deleted that ages ago!!!

But I'm sure we can find it and start a new thread - worst pic ever to get an EC Smile

Michelle_S
18 Jun 2008 - 2:00 PM

Lol great idea Carl Smile

Miles Herbert
18 Jun 2008 - 2:15 PM

Miles deleted that ******* duck years ago Pete... I have a nice one of Cheryl and a Burrowing Owl somewhere though....

:o)

pepperst
pepperst  62328 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2008 - 2:20 PM

Thinking about joining in but dont have any overrated pictures, I only have about four in double figures and none higher than 18.

That said this is rubbish compared with the recent studio output.

And I thought this had something but was wrong.

Lou_C
Lou_C  7755 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2008 - 2:26 PM

I dont have any highly rated photos, but I dont think this one was worth the votes.

I still like this one though

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.