Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Motorboat Editing

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : OP has started new thread on same subject

MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
9 Mar 2014 10:11PM
Well I am in need of help from you lovely people. I have recently attended a few motorsport events with my camera and I am really struggling with editing the photos. I believe I have the basics of a some good images, I.e. Nice and sharp with some panning involved but I just don't know how to edit them effectively. I keep over doing the images when trying to get them looking good and I need some help.

If anybody could recommend some good resources online or some help that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Matt

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2014 11:03PM
Hi Matt,
I have found that selective editing with layer masks to be a good way to enhance something with potential.
Stuff like boats and cars will need careful selecting, and I find the pen tool is the way forward for this task.
Once selected, curves, selective colour, black and white(blended), and gradient maps will all prove useful tools for making the best of your image -
just be prepared to spend some time Smile