Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

motorola razor v3

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

it happens
it happens  10109 forum posts
20 Dec 2005 - 8:27 AM

hello

Does anybody have a motorola v3 phone? Do you like it and has anyone encountered any problems with them?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Dec 2005 - 8:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

park my ferret
20 Dec 2005 - 8:36 AM

I've had one for over a year now. it seems to work ok, although when I first got it it sometimes gave me a bit of a headache, and it's vibrate stopped working, but they fixed it for free.
saying that, I've been due for an upgrade for 2 months now and haven't bothered cos in my opinion theres not a better looking phone on the market at the moment, apart from the 'serene' and I refuse to pay 900 for a phone without a contract.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
20 Dec 2005 - 8:36 AM

I have one. I think it depends on what you want from it (and how much, if anything, you pay for it!).

I got mine for nothing as part of my contract with the network. As a phone I'm perfectly happy with it. Sound quality is good, sensitivity seems to be fine. Motorola's software is a bit cumbersome, especially when compared with Nokia, but all the features I'm likely to use are easily accessible.

If you're looking for a good camera phone then perhaps the V3 isn't the one for you - I don't think the camera in the V3 is anything to get excited about. Doesn't bother me, as all I wanted was...a phone!

Doug

scottishphototours

My daughter is in technical sales with T-Mobile and says this phone has the biggest incidence of breakdown and return than any other. She told me not to touch it with a bargepole - I got a Sony Ericsson instead.

Andy.

mdpontin
20 Dec 2005 - 12:51 PM

You could take a look on this site. They provide their own review, plus owners post their feedback. It's a good way to get a rough idea of what to expect.

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
20 Dec 2005 - 1:00 PM

i love my sony ericsson 750i, i was between that and the v3, mainly because the v3 looks so damn good, but a friend with a v3 said it 'can be a bit crappy', so i went for the 750i. ive been well happy with my choice, its got all the features i wanted and more, ive got some mp3's on it and it comes with headphones, i didnt actually think i would use the camera but i was amazed how good it was and have actually used it quite a bit, comes in handy when out and about for snaps. as doug says, depends what you want it for, for looks go for the v3, for heavy use id say the 750i as its a pleasure to use.

future
future  9153 forum posts
20 Dec 2005 - 1:26 PM

best selling phone of 2005, has its faults (memory, looses setting) but well built, very stylish and decent battery. Above all its the best 'pocket' phoen around. Sony K750i is a better phone all round but not as cool. New Nokia N70 big but good, other than poor battery as its 3G. Chris Wink

contemporary dave
20 Dec 2005 - 11:33 PM

I think Mrs Contemporary Dave has bought me one for Christmas.

I'm not a gadget freak at all and as I'm pretty old fashioned (I don't even know what WAP is), I'll just use it for making phone calls, but I have to admit, it does look really good.

park my ferret
21 Dec 2005 - 1:55 AM

like everyone says - if you want something that you can't feel in your pocket, or if you want one of the best looking phones on the market, then a v3 could be the answer, if you want a great phone, then maybe not.
it's funny how alot of celebs could afford any phone they want, but still go for the V3. plus theres the v3x and the v3i out at the moment too. and I saw the v8 the other day too.

timiano
timiano  10894 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Dec 2005 - 8:37 AM

I'm afraid to say.

Its cack

I have one, second hand off ebay so a bit used. They cost about 250 out of contract and I paid 200.

I stopped using it after about 3 weeks of realising it look cool, but was total *****.

If anyone wants to buy a ***** phone off me, boxed and everything, your welcome to it for 50 Smile

...but I wouldn't

adonoghue
adonoghue  10519 forum posts England
22 Dec 2005 - 8:52 AM

As a phone, its great - I've had no problems with mine.

Movies or camera - go elsewhere.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
22 Dec 2005 - 9:12 AM

Who on earth uses these things as phones??!!

;-D

twordley
twordley  8360 forum posts England
24 Dec 2005 - 11:03 AM

maybe im lucky then, ihad a v3 silver when it first came out, 14 months later after dropping it for the umteenth time it finally broke one of the hinges, but still works fine - now have a black one for 4 months and its the best, most reliable phone i've had........although i only use the phone and diary address book and text.....not interested in games and all that

T Wordley
(area sales manager motorola)

lol

mdpontin
24 Dec 2005 - 11:19 AM

I'm one of the old-fashioned people who use a mobile phone as...well...as a phone! I'm not interested in the camera, games or other nick nacks. In fact I'd be quite happy not even having the phone, but there are times when it's useful.

As I said above, I have the (silver) V3. It cost me nothing. It works very well. I've had no problems.

Doug

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014486 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Dec 2005 - 11:39 AM

I must be in the minority, I got rid of my Mobile when I stopped work 2 years ago.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.