Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

motorsports and sports photography

eyekonic 2 1 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2012 11:41PM
Hi everyone I'm Steve and new to this site. I've been semipro for a few years now mainly in commercial/studio and music photography. I know everyone and their dog wants to be a professional photographer let alone in motorsports. I have been to a few events and shot as a spectator with what I think are some good results!

I'm just looking for advice and opinions on ways into this industry and info on agencies etc

My work can be seen here: www.eyekonicimages.com. critiques welcome.

Thankyou all in advance

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2012 12:26AM
Link doesnt work, and i am sure someone will remove it, as links to your site are naughty, unless in the website showcase section. Tongue
eyekonic 2 1 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2012 1:14AM
Whoops. Thanks for the heads up. No edit settings unfortunately!
LensYews 6 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2012 8:47AM
most usually start at the grassroots level and work their way up building the reputation as they go. Start by contacting local events, and working with them. They will probably want to ensure you have the relevant experience, aren't going to cause a safety issue by being in the wrong place/using the wrong equipment & techniques, and have the necessary insurances - public liability etc.
Difficult area to make a name in and likely to require many years of effort with no guarantee of making the break through to being able to do it for a living.
sidaorb 8 3.9k 2 England
22 Apr 2012 8:48AM
Post some of your pics in the gallery so we can see them.

Ways into the industry? Luck, right place right time, knowing someone, that basically covers it nowadays unfortunately and unfortunately from what I've seen recently SOME of the images produced by people with trackside access leaves a lot to be desired and if these people have been published anywhere I'm Lord Lucan.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Apr 2012 8:57AM
Link to your photography website is allowed, if you post it on website showcase section rather than freelance section.
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
22 Apr 2012 2:51PM

Quote:Post some of your pics in the gallery so we can see them.

Ways into the industry? Luck, right place right time, knowing someone, that basically covers it nowadays unfortunately and unfortunately from what I've seen recently SOME of the images produced by people with trackside access leaves a lot to be desired and if these people have been published anywhere I'm Lord Lucan.

was that meant to be Lord Lucian? lmfao
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
22 Apr 2012 4:30PM
Careful Rick, comments like that can get your posts removed, as I found out yesterday.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.