Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

motorsports and sports photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    eyekonic
    eyekonic  2 United Kingdom
    21 Apr 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hi everyone I'm Steve and new to this site. I've been semipro for a few years now mainly in commercial/studio and music photography. I know everyone and their dog wants to be a professional photographer let alone in motorsports. I have been to a few events and shot as a spectator with what I think are some good results!

I'm just looking for advice and opinions on ways into this industry and info on agencies etc

My work can be seen here: www.eyekonicimages.com. critiques welcome.

Thankyou all in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Apr 2012 - 11:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BigRick
    BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2012 - 12:26 AM

Link doesnt work, and i am sure someone will remove it, as links to your site are naughty, unless in the website showcase section. Tongue

eyekonic
    eyekonic  2 United Kingdom
    22 Apr 2012 - 1:14 AM

Whoops. Thanks for the heads up. No edit settings unfortunately!

LensYews
    LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2012 - 8:47 AM

most usually start at the grassroots level and work their way up building the reputation as they go. Start by contacting local events, and working with them. They will probably want to ensure you have the relevant experience, aren't going to cause a safety issue by being in the wrong place/using the wrong equipment & techniques, and have the necessary insurances - public liability etc.
    Difficult area to make a name in and likely to require many years of effort with no guarantee of making the break through to being able to do it for a living.

sidaorb
    sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2012 - 8:48 AM

Post some of your pics in the gallery so we can see them.

Ways into the industry? Luck, right place right time, knowing someone, that basically covers it nowadays unfortunately and unfortunately from what I've seen recently SOME of the images produced by people with trackside access leaves a lot to be desired and if these people have been published anywhere I'm Lord Lucan.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2012 - 8:57 AM

Link to your photography website is allowed, if you post it on website showcase section rather than freelance section.

BigRick
    BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2012 - 2:51 PM

Quote: Post some of your pics in the gallery so we can see them.

Ways into the industry? Luck, right place right time, knowing someone, that basically covers it nowadays unfortunately and unfortunately from what I've seen recently SOME of the images produced by people with trackside access leaves a lot to be desired and if these people have been published anywhere I'm Lord Lucan.

was that meant to be Lord Lucian? lmfao

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 63279 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2012 - 4:30 PM

Careful Rick, comments like that can get your posts removed, as I found out yesterday.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.