Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Movies out of TEN ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Bloggs
Bloggs  2313 forum posts England
8 Jan 2012 - 8:06 AM

What movie have you seen ? Was it any good ? Tell us what you thought and who was in it. Rate it out of ten.

I saw a great movie last night called " A lonley place to die " I won't spoil it by telling you the plot but it was a fantastic thriller, British made with no big stars that i knew of. It was fast paced violent and beautifully shot in the highlands of Scotland, some of the scenes made me drool as a landscape admier not to take anything away from the movie itself.

I would give this movie a Nine out of Ten a must see movie for thriller fans.

If you like movies and want to rate them for the guys here feel free to comment yourself and review movies you have seen.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Jan 2012 - 8:06 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315604 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jan 2012 - 10:09 AM

Recently watched Kill List, as it got rave reviews as "Best British film of 2011".

Absolute crap. I gave it 1/2 of of 10. I can't even be bother to tell you about it, it was so bad.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 10:46 AM

I watched Inbetweeners a few weeks ago.
Very funny just like the series, end went a bit typical corny "guy does good" plot line so loses a point for that, but overall highly entertaining and well worth seeing if you like simple humour.
9/10

Hangover part 2
I fell asleep in part one but part two kept me entertained. Simple story line but well filmed and great comedy value. Few twists and turns to keep the pace, and a highly entertaining set of stills running through the credits showing the bits you would have imagined through the film.
9/10

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93505 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
8 Jan 2012 - 11:04 AM

Recently talking to a guy from Swansea, where it is set, unbelievably had never watched this film, prompted me to again watch "Twin Town" which has got to be my all time favourite and 'gotta be a 10.

Unfortunately few people agree with me on any subject and I'm sure this is no exception Smile

richardCJ
richardCJ  327 forum posts Scotland
8 Jan 2012 - 11:18 AM

The "new" Sherlock Holmes, with Robert Downey Jr------11 out of 10, it was fantastic, as was the first one.

clintQB
clintQB  351 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jan 2012 - 12:19 PM

The dark knight.....10 out of 10.....the best comic book adaption period!! maybe even the best film period.....if you stripped away all the comic book elements it could still stand alone as a crime epic. Also im gonna go old school and say Evil dead, 10 out of 10...one of the best horror films of its time

Bloggs
8 Jan 2012 - 12:33 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Shelock movie i loved the first one.

The Dark knight and Eveil daed are great movies love them.

Inbetweeners was a funny movie but Hangover party 2 i found alittle dull unlike the first one but then what do i know !!!

cheers guys lets have more Grin

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315604 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jan 2012 - 12:39 PM

I can highly recommend Rare Exports as an antidote to Christmas.

The lives of a small village in Lapland are changed when Americans arrive to dig something up from the nearby mountain...

Sus
Sus  103183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 8:21 PM

Eeek this is good. So I'm getting good music recommendations from one thread, and am desperate for good movie recommendations too. The lonely place to die one looks ace. Saw Sherlock Holmes last night, yes as a woman I'm not going to complain about a bit of Robert Downey Jr, even with a bit of a paunch he's worth watching... but it was action by numbers and nothing compared to the BBC version. Though its just a question of taste though. My husband actually has told me that I should watch Night of the Living Dead as he thought it was my kind of movie.... I am not sure what to think about that.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014919 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 8:27 PM

Sus, have you seen On Golden Pond with Henry and Jane Fonda?

WeeGeordieLass
WeeGeordieLass e2 Member 2344 forum postsWeeGeordieLass vcard England
8 Jan 2012 - 8:58 PM

Went to see Iron Lady yesterday and have decided that Meryl Streep and Margaret Thatcher are twins separated at birth! Fantastic portrayal of Mrs Thatch.

The film is receiving mixed reviews and despite my dislike of her policies, being a geordie with both grandfathers who were coalminers, I really enjoyed the film.

The contrast between the powerful woman that she was, and the sadness of her condition now, suffering with dementia, was very poignant. I enjoyed the "blast from the past" and seeing actual footage of the riots and disharmony of the time.

Think Meryl Streep deserves an oscar.

I'd give the film 8/10.

Cheers all you film buffs.

Elaine

Bloggs
8 Jan 2012 - 9:10 PM

I refuse to go and see the movie as i can't do with the woman, even though i have to confess that some of what she did was correct ( spits on the floor in disgust ) . As for Merly Streep great actress but i will not waste my time seeing it even in afew years time when it's on TV. LOL I'm not mean bitter and twisted you understand i just can't stand the damn woman.

As for On golden pond i'v never seen it but i believe it's a classic.

Sherlock i need to see soon, the tv version was superb last week.

Ty all keep it coming Grin

davidcollins
davidcollins e2 Member 9104 forum postsdavidcollins vcard Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 10:04 PM

i really liked dog soldiers not what you expected really funny
and ravenous a film with robert carlyle Grin
none of them new films but two that i like
i think i will watch misery now . Grin

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315616 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jan 2012 - 3:50 AM

The Eagle and Battle Los Angeles, both good.

Balibo superb 10/10.

mohikan22
mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jan 2012 - 8:42 AM

Lord of the Rings (all of them) absolute 10/10, star wars (4,5,6) 10/10 , Transformers 1 and 3 10/10
saving private ryan 10/10 platoon 10/10 dodgeball (hilarious Grin 10/10
to name but a few o my favourites

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.