Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Moving House - What size boxes for books

Taxboy 12 199
31 Jul 2011 1:37PM
I'm looking to buy some "pre loved" boxes off the bay but I've got shed loads of books to pack up. Can anyone please give me an idea of the biggest size I should be looking at that can be reasonably lifted without doing myself a mischief Wink or having the bottom drop out Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

annaliese 10 421 1 United Kingdom
31 Jul 2011 1:58PM
Why don't you go into your local super market and ask for some banana boxes, free, strong and ideal for moving? Smile
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
31 Jul 2011 3:08PM
how long is a piece of string Tongue..... i can comfortably lift about 40kg in a box.... but one guy i work with can only manage about 18kg.... depends on the box too.... a good box will easily take the 40kg, a thin damaged one would strugle to take 10kg.

Sad that i know weights, but we have to weigh everything at work before it goes on the courier van.

If you are moving house, then i would recommend about 15kg in a box, as you will be lifting more than one, and you will then have to lift it the other end too.... and get a sack trolley too, takes out alot of the hard work of moving boxes. Smile
thewilliam 6 4.8k
31 Jul 2011 3:51PM
Boxes that contained a dozen bottles of whisky etc are perfect for a comfortable one-person lift and they're usually very strong.
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
31 Jul 2011 5:50PM

Quote:Boxes that contain a dozen bottles of whisky etc are perfect for a comfortable one-person lift and they're usually very strong.

And most welcome.
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
31 Jul 2011 10:59PM
....I'll second the banana box....even got hqandles.
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
31 Jul 2011 11:05PM

Quote:....I'll second the banana box....even got hqandles.

just check for spiders... lol.. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.