Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Moving itunes from PC to MAC

nikguyatt 10 526 England
29 Sep 2012 5:54PM
Hi

I have just purchased my first mac and I am totally lost in trying to move my itunes library from my PC to MAC. I have checked out the various apple help pages but to be honest they seem to make no sense. So far I have managed to move my music onto an external drive.....any help would be great!!

Cheers
Nik

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

knikki91 8 33 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2012 6:20PM
I Tunes stores all its music basically in one folder, if you have managed to move it from the PC to a external HD then all you have to do is drag it to the Mac and put the folder (I would copy the folder from the external HD just in case it screws up).

The Mac store them in User (Home) -> ITunes Music

Once copied open up ITunes and I think it should just import everything into it, least thats what I did when I moved all my tunes from one Mac to the other.

You may have to "All ow the mac to play" the tunes due to DMC thingy but all that requires is you sign into ITunes with your user name/password then it should work.
nikguyatt 10 526 England
29 Sep 2012 6:42PM
Cheers for that, I will give it a go! Everything else I have done has been a breeze, including adobe lightroom....but seem to have stumped me this one! I will let you know, thanks again.
nikguyatt 10 526 England
29 Sep 2012 6:58PM
Yay, all worked, thanks for the info, why the hell it didn't just say that on the apple website!! Again thanks for saving me going mad!
knikki91 8 33 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2012 9:00AM
Cool glad it all worked. One thing I have learnt from working in IT is that when going to site whether it be Microsoft or Apple they never make things "that easy to do" Smile
cantona43 9 915 4 England
30 Sep 2012 11:44AM
Another tip if you no longer use the PC delete it from the list of computers from your account as you are only allowed x number of devices per account
Neil

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.