Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Multi-exposure KM7D

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jjmills
    jjmills  9153 forum posts Scotland
    17 Nov 2005 - 1:27 PM

Hi,

I have a Konica-Minolta 7D...can't find my manual, oops.

Can anyone help me with the multi-exposure function.

Select the ME on the dial but how to I tell the camera how many shots I want to overlay?

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Nov 2005 - 1:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2005 - 1:36 PM

Why not just use layers in photoshop and blend them? Cannot see the point of an in-camera version

geoffrey baker
    geoffrey baker e2 Member 10496 forum postsgeoffrey baker vcard Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2005 - 3:05 PM

Hi John,

I've just looked through my manual but I cant see a multi-exposure setting so I'm thinking you just want to set your camera for exposure bracketing? to later blend them in Photoshop etc like Strawman suggested? , is that right?
    Photoshop CS2 has a brilliant new tool for doing that.

If so, you'll find that option in menu 2, it's the 4th one down called "setup", above the flash bracketing one.
    I havent tried altering that on mine yet but I suppose it's like any other setting on this great camera, just use the controller button.

Hope that helps you John, if not, feel welcome to contact me and I'll be glad to help you further.
    My email is bigsplinter@hotmail.com if you want any pages scanned etc it's no prob.

One tip I have for you though is to go into menu 3 and make sure the noise reduction is turned off, you only need it for long exposures, if it's left on for normal shooting then it will soften your images quite a lot.
    I've been taking soft photos for months without understanding why until I found the answer on one of the American forums one night recently.
    I was beginning to think I had a duff lens or camera but things look a lot better now.
    Geoff.

jjmills
    17 Nov 2005 - 3:11 PM

Thanks...

Take a look at this one I uploaded.

It was done using layers.

The KM7D is supposed to have the function I couldn't find in the manual either first time around, I was just revisiting it to try and capture the shot uploaded.

And yes noise reduction was ON so I have switched it off, thanks.

John

geoffrey baker
    geoffrey baker e2 Member 10496 forum postsgeoffrey baker vcard Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2005 - 3:44 PM

Hi John,
    Ok, I'll take a closer look at my manual tomorrow evening and let you know if I can find it, bedtime now.
    Let me know if you can see any diference with noise reduction turned off for normal shooting, I've not had much time lately to test mine out thoroughly since I found out about it, it's dark when I finish work and I've been working weekends too.
    Geoff.

nikon5700ite
    18 Nov 2005 - 1:17 AM

An alternative is to work in Manual with a long exposure and cap the lens while you re-po for second and subsequent shots. Long exposures create noise and likely the camera will then take a black exposure for the same duration as your shot for noise reduction purposes.

Else use 'B' bulb where the shutter stays open as long as you hold the trigger down within the design limts of the camera in question.

But for all that I think in this digital age that doing it as layers in editing is far superior since you have control over the process .. whereas in camera it is very much a matter of hit and miss.

Doing tricks in the camera is retro masochism Smile

geoffrey baker
    18 Nov 2005 - 4:40 PM

Hi John,

Well, I searched through my manual but cant find anything related to multiple exposure, all I found was exposure bracketing and time-lapse photography so I dont think it's possible to take multiple shots on the same frame with this camera, you'll have to do it in Photoshop etc. by the look of it.

There may be some useful info on this website I found at the start of the manual www.konicaminoltasupport.com

Good luck,
    Geoff.

duratorque
    duratorque  11413 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Nov 2005 - 9:03 AM

I don't think digital cameras can take multiple exposures. I think you have to use photoshop and layer different images.

jjmills
    25 Nov 2005 - 10:06 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for the relies...

I must have been seeing things before as I now totally agree the camera doesn't do it.

So I will have to use P.S.

Although the image I got looks good, just want to try it in the camera if it had the function.

Thanks and that image

User_Removed
    25 Nov 2005 - 11:01 AM

Been asked on the Minolta forum... KM7D doesn't do multiple exposures
    Col

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.