Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Multiple Upload

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 1:09 PM

I see. A bit like a storage as well then (future new feature), Pete.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 May 2012 - 1:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103956 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 1:26 PM

Have just uploaded several shots which for me has just come in time as I'm going away for a few days holiday.

I can now upload from my pf using my netbook... SmileSmile

The other gain on `not re-sizing' is that if I want to use the same image for say Alamy, I can now use the original file rather than having to create a separate version (just for EPZ). Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96097 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 1:28 PM

I note from the News Item that

Quote: Improved Portfolio Browsing
To improve your browsing experience we have added the following features:

* Map View' of portfolio

I have gone to my PF but cannot see a Map Option.

Where is it ?

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 1:30 PM

maybe its just for e2?

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 1:31 PM

Is this it? What is it for?
capture-5.jpg

JJGEE
9 May 2012 - 1:34 PM

Cole, I believe your screenshot is for adding the map location during the import process.... not for browsing.

Quote: maybe its just for e2?

Then perhaps this should be made clearer ?
What else is for e2 only ?

Last Modified By JJGEE at 9 May 2012 - 1:37 PM
answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 1:39 PM

If you add a location to a picture when you upload to the gallery you'd have an personalised map by the looks of it, only guessing though and I'm not sure about e2 only (it was just a suggestion)

Peter Bargh Testing

Quote: A bit like a storage as well then (future new feature),

Yes that's one thing it could be used for in the future, but not currently. You should need to be aware of a point in our terms of use
Quote:
5. You should not use ePHOTOzine as a storage point for your images and ensure you have a duplicate version off site. Every effort is made to provide a stable and permanent website, but if unforeseen problems wipe out our content users have no right to demand anything of Magezine Publishing Ltd.

Quote: Then perhaps this should be made clearer ?
What else is for e2 only ?

Yes it is an e2 feature and a good point. I'll amend the list so e2 only options are clearly indicated.

JJGEE
9 May 2012 - 2:21 PM

Quote: Yes it is an e2 feature and a good point. I'll amend the list so e2 only options are clearly indicated.

Sad You do this every time with an upgrade..... announce new features, invite testing on the Beta site then when it goes "live" mention "by the way that feature is e2 only" when people cannot find / use it ! !

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 2:28 PM

One day we will do something right. News story adjusted to show the couple of features that are e2 exclusive. There's plenty of additions for the regular members too.

Last Modified By Pete at 9 May 2012 - 2:34 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 2:36 PM

Quote: when it goes "live" mention "by the way that feature is e2 only" when people cannot find / use it ! !

Of course you could join e2, Jeff. Wink

Annual cost is only about one-third of a tank of petrol these days...............

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 3:16 PM

One of the upgrades is that UAs will be automatically posted in the Awards page.
Can past awards be posted there or is it only those awarded from now on?

User_Removed
9 May 2012 - 3:54 PM

Multiple Uploads will slow down the site, and it is slow enough as it is.

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 4:01 PM

Quote: Multiple Uploads will slow down the site

Care to explain why?

Quote: it is slow enough as it is.

Not from where I am sitting it isn't

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 4:56 PM

Quote: Multiple Uploads will slow down the site

It would be interesting to have an answer from the Team about this.

Presumably there will be individuals who may upload several hundred photos in one go - say on return from holiday - and then invite members of their admiration group (Wink) to look and vote on the photos.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.