Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Multiple Upload

CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
9 May 2012 5:03PM

Quote:admiration group

Is that a bit like a cli.........

Nah, we won't go there Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
9 May 2012 5:37PM
Duh! Don't start.....

BTW, I do like the arrows on the Shortlist page. Now I don't have to open each image to choose my winner for the week, (or now, the day). AND/BUT, just because we can now give an award a day, I think it'll make me even more choosy.

Have to say, like the changes so far. Good job done.
Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 May 2012 5:51PM

Quote:The idea is you can now upload your full size photo and then if we run new features in the future you can be ready for what we deliver, should you wish to be involved

That could add up to a fair bit of online storage space, how about adding a way to then get access to download your own images Smile
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
9 May 2012 6:50PM
During one of the brief moments I have internet access, I have to ask the following:-

If the multiple uploads were restricted to being viewed by the uploader only, until as such time he/she released them for full viewing, then that would be OK.

However, I have just visited a member's PF and can view all of the images uploaded today - don't see the pointSad

Also my number of images to an individual page will not alter no matter what I try.

Also again, have we lost the awarded photos above a member's PF page - that was something I used to like to view at times.

No doubt all will have changed again, by the time we gaet out line sorted
Goggz 7 2.3k 72 Wales
9 May 2012 9:39PM
Well I must say I've never found the site slow in a long time ( a few years at least). Might be worth remembering that it is affected by everything from your machine to the site as well. There have been plenty of times I've not been able to access say iPlayer or Hotmail for a short while due to internet speed rather than the site itself... I checked with a broadband speed site...

Nice to have the new features Pete, but a separated group/meet arrangement would have been more welcome IMHO. Perhaps after you enable auto daily gallery loading for those of us who have uploaded a few in one go to our P/F's?
annettep38 e2
3 188 32 France
9 May 2012 10:08PM
There is something weird going on, maybe it is just me. I have come across a lot of pics today from people I often 'visit' and I seem not to be able to vote for them ???
I've tried a different browser but that doesn't work either.
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
10 May 2012 5:06AM
Just tried an upload from my pf (which worked fine) but the option wasn't available from my customizeable homepage??

Then, when I tried to upload a `version' the normal selection boxes didn't appear (directed me back to my PC) and there was no pf selection available???

I'll create a report in case there's an issue, but slightly disappointed that we can't choose multiple versions for upload before going to the Main Gallery...i.e. I can only upload one version at a time SadSad
10 May 2012 9:40AM

Quote:There is something weird going on, maybe it is just me. I have come across a lot of pics today from people I often 'visit' and I seem not to be able to vote for them ???
I've tried a different browser but that doesn't work either.

Voting is only available on gallery submitted photos. This goes for awards too as these are features related to the galleries.
ringyneck 8 308 18 United Kingdom
10 May 2012 10:54AM
Maybe epz should change the name to Hampton Court Mazezine as it is now officially more confusing than it and facebook.
Keith
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
10 May 2012 11:13AM

Quote:Maybe epz should change the name to Hampton Court Mazezine as it is now officially more confusing than it and facebook.

We can't please everyone but we'd like to.
Keith what is it that's confusing? I'll try and help explain so it all becomes clear and you appreciate the efforts we make and enjoy the changes like all the folk on this thread Smile
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
10 May 2012 11:25AM
Where do I find the 'larger thumbnails' option please?

It's the only thing in all of this that might interest me.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
10 May 2012 11:26AM
Pete, maybe you should amend the sign up page and have a tick box labelled 'I do not want to be involved in any improvements to the site'.

Tongue
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
10 May 2012 11:32AM

Quote:Where do I find the 'larger thumbnails' option please?

Go to the bottom of the Gallery page - the option box is bottom right! Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
10 May 2012 11:35AM
Might be a silly question but having read about the changes there's no mention of uploading versions all at once.
Does this function come under the general multiple uploading feature or is it still not possible?
Apologies if this is a silly question - I haven't tried to upload versions yet but just in case. Wink

Also, previous version uploads are not viewable unless we click on the top picture, as before. It would be good if all the versions could be displayed separately - in our personal p/fs only of course. But if so, I presume this could not be backdated to versions uploaded before yesterday.

Just some thoughts.
Smile
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
10 May 2012 11:41AM
When you are uploading a version you will be offered to upload another at the same time.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.