Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Multiple Upload

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Quote: Might be a silly question but having read about the changes there's no mention of uploading versions all at once.

The way the system is built doesn't offer that option. We have made a small change though that may help.
You can upload your main version photo to the portfolio, and then add the versions to that photo in the portfolio (using the new multiple version uploader) And then when it's all done add it to the gallery.
Quote:
Pete, maybe you should amend the sign up page and have a tick box labelled 'I do not want to be involved in any improvements to the site'.

Yes perhaps an "ePHOTOzine - it ain't broke so we ain't fixed it" option that's version 1 of the site.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64431 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Err, thanks Pete - I think. Grin

Jestertheclown
10 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Quote: Go to the bottom of the Gallery page - the option box is bottom right! Smile

Thanks Karen but I've been using that option for ages already.

I thought, seemingly wrongly, that there was a way to make them larger still.

(I mean via the site; I know how to use Ctrl+)

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 6:28 PM

I ask again - how do I alter the amoount of images per page.

Changing the number in the box and clicking apply does not do anything

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 6:33 PM

Are you ticking the 'Save Filter' box before you click 'Apply Filter'?

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 6:39 PM

Unfortunately Karen, I cannot see a "Save filter" box, only the "Apply one"

tomcat
10 May 2012 - 6:42 PM

Sorry Karen, but it is my PF pages I am referring to, not the main gallery

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 6:44 PM

Ah! Yes, I'm having the same problem (in fact I've only got 18 images on my Junior Gallery pages). Obviously a glitch................Reported! Smile

tomcat
10 May 2012 - 6:52 PM

TaTongue

MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 91072 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 7:18 PM

'We understand that not everyone may want to use this new feature, so we have made it so you can still upload to the gallery as you did before.'

How? Please tell me. Can I switch this new facilty off so that I don't even have to see it.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 7:26 PM

Quote: How? Please tell me.

Just click the upload button from the gallery home page, or the photo menu as normal
Or the upload photo(s) button from your portfolio page, but then you need to submit the picture to the gallery.

Quote: Can I switch this new facilty off so that I don't even have to see it.

No sorry, but I don't see how it gets in the way?

MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 91072 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2012 - 7:35 PM

Quote: Just click the upload button from the gallery home page, or the photo menu as normal

Never done this so it's not normal for me

Quote: Or the upload photo(s) button from your portfolio page, but then you need to submit the picture to the gallery

This is how it gets in the way.

User_Removed
10 May 2012 - 7:49 PM

Introducing Multiple Uploads is a great idea, I use it elsewhere and have come to regard it as a norm. Once the glitches have been sorted, I think it will be a great addition to an already Fabbie Photography Forum/On line Magazine.Grin
Thanks to the team for giving it a go.

tomcat
13 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

Now then Rhona, you do use it elsewhere, but on sites that are for viewing only and as such it is a great facility.
However on here, I still cannot see the point of it, because you can only release one a day to the gallery for comment, critique and the like.

Thoughts welcome

Adrian

Alan_Baseley
Alan_Baseley e2 Member 13321 forum postsAlan_Baseley vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
13 May 2012 - 8:57 AM

I tend to agree with Adrian, it's a bit pointless unless their is going to be a facility for scheduling uploads to the gallery in advance , i.e. upload say 7 photos and then schedule dates when they will be uploaded to the gallery over the next week or so,

Alan

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.