Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Multiple Upload

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
13 May 2012 9:06AM

Quote: I still cannot see the point of it

There are plenty of uses for a multiple upload.
I shoot a series and want to show them all
2 shoot an event and want to show them all
3 take a series of portraits and want an online place for sharing with client / friend ( without having to own a web site)
4 Place to upload high res versions
5 personal ideas dump

There will be other uses

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 May 2012 9:13AM
Pete, you can still use version for 1, 2, 3, and 5.
Is it difficult to go that one step further to enable schedule upload?
Otherwise, is it possible to hide the multiupload until submit to gallery, rather than showing in PF?
Alan_Baseley e2
13 333 2 England
13 May 2012 9:27AM
Pete, I assume as you seem to be encouraging us to upload hi res images, we will, in the not too distant future, be able to view these images on the site i.e you won't be downsizing them to 1000/600 pix?

Alan
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
13 May 2012 9:32AM

Quote:
Is it difficult to go that one step further to enable schedule upload?
Otherwise, is it possible to hide the multiupload until submit to gallery, rather than showing in PF?

It's been suggested that we have a hide option. I'll be discussing that with the guys on Monday
We don't have plans to do an auto upload schedule system

Quote:Pete, I assume as you seem to be encouraging us to upload hi res images, we will, in the not too distant future, be able to view these images on the site i.e you won't be downsizing them to 1000/600 pix?

It's a possibility - although nothing is planned at this stage
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 May 2012 9:40AM

Quote:We don't have plans to do an auto upload schedule system

Hmmm.... Shame really, Pete, because it is just that one step to make the feature awesome. Sad
Alan_Baseley e2
13 333 2 England
13 May 2012 9:44AM

Hmmm.... Shame really, Pete, because it is just that one step to make the feature awesome. Sad

Certainly would. But a hide button would be the next best thing,

Alan
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
13 May 2012 6:08PM

Is there a technical reason for this - or is it a philosophical one?

To (say) upload 30 photos and let the system put one into the gallery each day for a month, without human intervention, would seem to be a logical step.
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
13 May 2012 6:19PM

Quote:To (say) upload 30 photos and let the system put one into the gallery each day for a month,

What happens if after say 9 days you have new shot that you want to upload to the Gallery ?

There would have to be a way of interrupting the automatic uploads
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
13 May 2012 6:24PM

Quote:There would have to be a way of interrupting the automatic uploads

Agreed. An "off" switch would have to be provided. Smile
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
15 May 2012 3:02PM

Quote:I still cannot see the point of it
There are plenty of uses for a multiple upload.
I shoot a series and want to show them all
2 shoot an event and want to show them all
3 take a series of portraits and want an online place for sharing with client / friend ( without having to own a web site)
4 Place to upload high res versions
5 personal ideas dump

There will be other uses

Why can't I upload `versions' from my pf?

have uploaded multiple images to my pf but only seem to be able to use them one at a time. Is there a way around this?
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
15 May 2012 11:08PM
Looks like I can create an Album and add to the Album when uploading with the multiple upload but having had a look around cannot see an optionj for adding images already in my PF & the Gallery.

Is it there somewhere that I have not spotted ?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
16 May 2012 8:05AM

Quote:Why can't I upload `versions' from my pf?

have uploaded multiple images to my pf but only seem to be able to use them one at a time. Is there a way around this?

Versions don't follow the same process. So the quick way to do them is upload the main pic to your pf, then bulk uoload versions to that picture and then submit to the main gallery when it's ready.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
16 May 2012 8:09AM

Quote:Album when uploading with the multiple upload but having had a look around cannot see an optionj for adding images already in my PF & the Gallery.

It seems like you can only add images from the gallery. I'll see if this can be changed
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
16 May 2012 8:23AM

Quote:It seems like you can only add images from the gallery. I'll see if this can be changed

Thanks for the reply and it would be good if it was possible Smile
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
16 May 2012 8:25AM

Quote:Why can't I upload `versions' from my pf?

Versions don't follow the same process. So the quick way to do them is upload the main pic to your pf, then bulk uoload versions to that picture and then submit to the main gallery when it's ready.

that's the `normal' way of doing things...thought it might have been improved?...the delay caused in uploading versions is that often the image has been viewed before you get to finish the upload...and then if I do upload the `versions' to my pf I'm only able to use them on another day's upload. Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.