Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Murdered Police Officers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jondf
jondf  72474 forum posts
19 Sep 2012 - 7:31 AM

Shouldn't the do-gooder, hand-wringing, intellectual brigade give serious thought to reintroducing the death penalty for crimes such as these? And while they're at it, the reintroduction of corporal punishment into schools? I'm no Tory but cannot help agreeing with Norman Tebbit's comments -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19643846

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Sep 2012 - 7:31 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman
19 Sep 2012 - 7:39 AM

when you see all the dor smashing in on tv for minor stuff this beggsrs belief

dcash29
dcash29  81887 forum posts England
19 Sep 2012 - 7:58 AM

Totally agree

tomcat606
tomcat606  596 forum posts
19 Sep 2012 - 8:20 AM

There is a cure for this it's a small piece of lead injected behind ether ear" the patient can have the choses which ear" at very high speed will render the patient STONE DEAD " and never Hurt anyone again 
Wink

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2246 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 8:23 AM

You are forgetting about the EU, they control us..........our governments of whatever party are just administrators..........they say we jump............they say jump we jump higher.......WinkWinkWink

Not forgetting Human Rights for criminals............SadSadSad

mikehit
mikehit  46103 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 8:37 AM

maybe its a bit early in the morning but....what on earth are you on about?

RogBrown
RogBrown  72996 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 9:03 AM

What really pi$$ed me off was rhe fact that on Radio 4 6 o'clock news the BBC constantly referred to him as MISTER Cregan.

Nigeyboy
Nigeyboy  6535 forum posts United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 - 9:37 AM

Also read about several Facebook pages being set up - including one titled Dale Cregan for OBE. You can't begin to imagine the minds of these trolls!

There will be a glut of people asking for the death penalty to come back as well - and while I agree to a certain extent (ie where there is no reasonable doubt about the guilt), i think they should lock these animals up for life - and life should mean just that.

simont
simont  102248 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 9:43 AM

Quote: What really pi$$ed me off was rhe fact that on Radio 4 6 o'clock news the BBC constantly referred to him as MISTER Cregan.

Has he actually been found guilty "in a court of law by a jury of his peers" yet?

No! So Mr it is until he's found guilty.

Then you can lock him up and throw the key away! Smile

franken
franken e2 Member 113026 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 10:35 AM

Quote: Shouldn't the do-gooder, hand-wringing, intellectual brigade give serious thought to reintroducing the death penalty for crimes such as these? And while they're at it, the reintroduction of corporal punishment into schools? I'm no Tory but cannot help agreeing with Norman Tebbit's comments -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19643846

The death penalty is not a deterrent in countries that still use it I'm afraid. I disagree with bringing it back for the police only as why should they be any different to other people who are murdered?

Ken

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 10:37 AM

Quote: Shouldn't the do-gooder, hand-wringing, intellectual brigade give serious thought to reintroducing the death penalty

We would need to leave the EU first. Members of the club aren't allowed to have the death penalty.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 10:43 AM

As well as the EU, we would almost certainly have to leave The Council of Europe and join such forward thinking nations as Belarus, Kazakhstan and Vatican City.

franken
franken e2 Member 113026 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 10:43 AM

I think that the reason for this needs to be answered.

Quote: A man suspected of killing two PCs in Greater Manchester was on bail over a fatal pub shooting, police have confirmed.]

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 19 Sep 2012 - 10:43 AM
puertouk
puertouk  21052 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 11:16 AM

They need to bring in the death penalty back for anyone who kills, as long as it's 100% proved. The prison service is a joke and more like a 1* hotel. Prisoners should be made to work to pay for there keep. No more sitting in a cell all day or watching TV, playing pool etc. I watch some of the police programmes and I'm astonished at what the courts do. They are letting people walk away after violent conduct, burglary, assaulting a police officer etc. I make no wonder the police are not really interested in carrying out there duties. They put their lives on the line every day, only for the courts to let these people walk free. You get a motorist speeding who gets a large fine or even a prison sentence only for some scumbag who robs an old person to walk free!!! If there's no room in the prisons, get some of these people doing community work for 3 years. Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day. They don't work, so have them doing this. There's plenty of this sort of work that needs doing. Cleaning canals, rivers and any other type of work that may need doing. If they don't show up for work, send them to prison.

mikehit
mikehit  46103 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 11:48 AM

Quote: They need to bring in the death penalty back for anyone who kills, as long as it's 100% proved.

How do you define that in law? Even DNA evidence is not perfect.
They guy yesterday handed himself in - do you think he would have done that if he would have faced the death penalty?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.