Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Murdered Police Officers

AndreaJ 2 24 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 11:49AM
I really hate the Justice system in this country...murderers being allowed bail????WTH?
I realise they need evidence to keep them locked up, but how can there be not enough evidence on 2 murders?
Government really have chopped their nose off to spite their face, less officers on the streets nowadays, but supposedly crime rate is going down, personally I don't believe that one!!

I do believe they should bring back the death penalty for cop killers, child killers etc etc....the is no deterrent for them, they not scared of the Police and if the do commit crimes it makes them look big to their mates!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
19 Sep 2012 11:54AM

Quote:I really hate the Justice system in this country

Which country's system would you prefer? Smile
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 12:16PM
It seems its not just him but other's that contributed to him remaining hidden from the police.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1589072_police-shootings-conspiracy-of-silence-that-let-fugitive-dale-cregan-evade-capture

As said above for such planned police executions, Jury, Judge and 'throw away the key' in a bleak soulless place.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
19 Sep 2012 12:23PM

Quote:but how can there be not enough evidence on 2 murders?

Why would there not be enough evidence?

Do not think of the death sentence as a deterrent - it is not and never has been. The death sentence is revenge.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
19 Sep 2012 12:31PM

Quote:The death sentence is revenge.

Indeed. Pure and simple.

Doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent in those US states where it is retained.
19 Sep 2012 1:25PM
Remember the poor technician that has to push the button to do the dirty deed, would Norman Tebbit be willing? Killing a human
isn't what most of us wish to do for a living. As already said, some countries with super high crime rates have the death penalty, it
doesn't work basically.
PaulSR 9 511 England
19 Sep 2012 1:39PM

Quote:Remember the poor technician that has to push the button to do the dirty deed, would Norman Tebbit be willing?

I dont think he would bat an eyelid. you dont become a top politician if you are not willing to kill
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 1:59PM

Quote: you dont become a top politician if you are not willing to kill

What a crass comment.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
19 Sep 2012 2:14PM

Quote:Do not think of the death sentence as a deterrent - it is not and never has been. The death sentence is revenge.

Well said Keith.

Had we had the death penalty the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4, Bridgewater 4 And many others would have suffered the death penalty. Ask yourself had you sat on the jury in a trial that resulted in the death penalty how would you feel years later if it transpired you had been responsible for the death of an innocent person?

The comment re Norman Tebbit is below the belt - put politics to one side, there is a man, and more particularly his wife, who has had to live with the consequences of extreme violence.
thewilliam 6 4.8k
19 Sep 2012 2:31PM
Private ownership of handguns was banned after the Dunblane shooting, so how come every self-respecting criminal now seems to have a pistol or even automatic weapons?
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 2:33PM

Quote:Private ownership of handguns was banned after the Dunblane shooting, so how come every self-respecting criminal now seems to have a pistol or even automatic weapons?

Ohh, just a guess...but is it because they are criminals ?
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 3:03PM
..because they obtain them illegally?

Next.....
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 3:04PM
Damn! got distracted an beaten to it...Tongue
col.campbell 11 818 4 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 4:10PM
Yeah well that's why the ban on handguns was but a knee-jerk crowd-pleaser. But let's not digress..

As far as deterrent/ punishment/ revenge goes, call it what you like but I'd have no problem sleeping at night after executing people who commit these sorts of crimes.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
19 Sep 2012 4:26PM
Since 1990, 1,433 people have died in custody or following contact with police in England and Wales

........."there have been no successful criminal prosecutions."

Where's the outrage?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.