Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Murdered Police Officers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 4:35 PM

Quote: Where's the outrage?

Anyone want to see some police officers prosecuted and hanged for about 70 police-related deaths a year?

You can't have it both ways....................

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Sep 2012 - 4:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

col.campbell
19 Sep 2012 - 5:05 PM

I'm all for justice and accountability, but you're being disingenuous if you're suggesting that all of those people we're murdered in cold blood by the police.

PaulSR
PaulSR  9511 forum posts England
19 Sep 2012 - 5:17 PM

Quote: I'm all for justice and accountability, but you're being disingenuous if you're suggesting that all of those people we're murdered in cold blood by the police.

and yet, from the statement you just made, you are clearly defending with the police. it seems as far as you are concerned, some lives matter and some dont

PaulSR
19 Sep 2012 - 5:22 PM

Quote: "there have been no successful criminal prosecutions."

Where's the outrage?

the police seem to be untouchable and get away with most everything.

mikehit
mikehit  56690 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 5:26 PM

Can you give an example with a parallel example involving a civilian to demonstrate the unequal treatment?

PaulSR
19 Sep 2012 - 5:40 PM

Quote: you dont become a top politician if you are not willing to kill
What a crass comment.

dont be so naive. our government along with the USA start wars under false pretenses, causing thousands of deaths. they are still bombing civilians in Syria. how many politicians have resigned in disgust. WAKE UP and stop listening to the drivel spouted by the bbc and sky

mikehit
19 Sep 2012 - 5:51 PM

In the context of the OP, your comment "you dont become a top politician if you are not willing to kill" remains crass.

The legitimacy of the invasion of Iraq/Afghanistan is a different matter so please don't insult my intelligence by thinking I am unaware of the issues surrounding them over the intervening 10 years.

lemmy
lemmy  71941 forum posts United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 - 6:14 PM

Kill 'em all and let god sort it out, that's what I say.

Garry1956
Garry1956  2 United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 6:44 PM

Quote: Shouldn't the do-gooder, hand-wringing, intellectual brigade give serious thought to reintroducing the death penalty for crimes such as these? And while they're at it, the reintroduction of corporal punishment into schools? I'm no Tory but cannot help agreeing with Norman Tebbit's comments -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19643846

The death penalty is not a deterrent in countries that still use it I'm afraid. I disagree with bringing it back for the police only as why should they be any different to other people who are murdered?

Ken

are murdered?
Too bloody true, all convicted murderers should face the death penalty, If they get life what does it cost to keep the b**/--ds behind bars

col.campbell
19 Sep 2012 - 7:11 PM

Quote: and yet, from the statement you just made, you are clearly defending with the police. it seems as far as you are concerned, some lives matter and some dont

What? Because I disagreed with deaths in custody being likened to cold-blooded murder?

Last Modified By col.campbell at 20 Sep 2012 - 1:47 AM
PaulSR
19 Sep 2012 - 7:37 PM

Quote: What? Because I disagreed with deaths in custody being likened to cold-blooded murder?

so what are you saying, losing a loved one who was in custody isnt as bad as losing someone to a cold blooded murderer. tell that to the parents, family etc. the police are supposed to be trustworthy, but we now know that is complete crap, from recent stories in the press. they commit crimes, lie, falsify evidence to save their own arses. And they are never convicted. Look at the Ian Tomlinson case. that corrupt b**** was freed. Tell me what would have happened if It was the cop who was hit with a baton and then pushed to the ground and died. The police arent above the law and must be prosecuted the same as any one else.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 19 Sep 2012 - 7:53 PM
keith selmes
19 Sep 2012 - 7:40 PM

Quote: all convicted murderers should face the death penalty, If they get life what does it cost to keep the b**/--ds behind bars

From the American experience, the death penalty is horifically expensive, one of the reasons some states don't do it - they can spend the money on actual crime prevention.

thewilliam
19 Sep 2012 - 7:43 PM

In the Tomlinson case, was the jury misled into a "not guilty" verdict?

Does the "system" see the folk who are killed by the police or in custody as being worthless and unworthy of protection?

PaulSR
19 Sep 2012 - 7:49 PM

Quote: all convicted murderers should face the death penalty, If they get life what does it cost to keep the b**/--ds behind bars

even though a lot of innocent people will be convicted?

mikehit
19 Sep 2012 - 9:04 PM

The PC involved in Ian Tomlinson's death was tried like anyone else. The prosecution failed to show he was responsible for Mr Tomlinson's death, again like other cases which make high-profile headlines. So I fail to understand the claim that the police are treated any differently...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.