Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Murray vs Djokavic - I say .......he's finally gone and done it

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
7 Jul 2013 - 5:36 PM

The also ran comes in first. Amidst all the gnashing of teeth, the snarling, the grimacing, there shouldn't be a dry eye in the house ....should there? He never dominated, never took control or played like a champion but yes, at last, he's finally gone and done it so good for him and his mummy.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jul 2013 - 5:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43917 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 5:46 PM

Ivan Lendl has made the difference. Made Andy more focused on what is important, the next points, and forget what has happened in the previous points.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 7 Jul 2013 - 5:50 PM
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 6:01 PM

Quote: He never dominated, never took control or played like a champion but yes, at last, he's finally gone and done it so good for him and his mummy.

You must have watched a different match than I did

Quote: The also ran comes in first

Also ran - already holds the US Open

IMHO if you have nothing positive to say about a British champion, it is better to say nothing

Last Modified By tomcat at 7 Jul 2013 - 6:05 PM
Dann
Dann  1185 forum posts
7 Jul 2013 - 6:11 PM

Quote: He never dominated, never took control or played like a champion but yes, at last, he's finally gone and done it so good for him and his mummy.

What!!

Three straight sets matey!!

Wink

Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9366 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
7 Jul 2013 - 6:29 PM

There will still be people who deride him because of his low-key personality... ok he's not exactly a fireblazer when it comes to charisma but at the end of the day he got the job done, and in stunning fashion. Seems to me we haven't moved on much from the gladiatorial arena for some where they look for charismatic hero-worship rather than appreciating the ability of the person.

chris.maddock
7 Jul 2013 - 6:30 PM

What!!
Three straight sets matey!!
Wink

Indeed - he did well and, at last not only is the 77-year wait over for a British Champion but also it's the end of the Championship but the press is (and will be) still referring to him as a Briton instead of as the Scot who got knocked out Wink

MikeA
MikeA  91174 forum posts England
7 Jul 2013 - 6:38 PM

Great........................... Wimbledon over for another year................... Sadly the football season is just around the corner.

MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 91072 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 6:53 PM

He's just beaten the world number one. Even in success we have to knock him, even though he won in straight sets, just for once lets celebrate a guy whos' worke bloody hard to get where he is. As has already been said, he won in three sets not four with a close decider of a fifth, that he just scraped home in, if that isn't takiing control I don't know what is.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139444 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 7:01 PM

Quote: The also ran comes in first. Amidst all the gnashing of teeth, the snarling, the grimacing, there shouldn't be a dry eye in the house ....should there? He never dominated, never took control or played like a champion but yes, at last, he's finally gone and done it so good for him and his mummy.

You're a bit of a twit sometimes aren't you? Wink

Attitudes like this are not what made Britain great. I have no interest in tennis or any other sport, but an achievement, especially a long awaited one, is something to be celebrated not nit picked.

Well done to Murray. Smile

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2253 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 7:13 PM

I'm no fan of Andy Murray.............but I have every respect for his tennis................he played great tennis today and throughout the championship...........(semi-final was a classic).........he deserves to win because he played the best tennis..............and to play (the same for both guys) in that heat and the tension was superb............I was exhausted watching the match.........GrinGrinGrinGrin

Congratulations Andy..................You Are A Deserving Champion................you join a unique club...........Now come on you miserable Brits............say well done.................GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Hip Hip Hooray.........GrinGrinGrinGrin

Henmans Hill is now Murray Mountain............the people will be shouting his name from the top............GrinGrinGrinGrin

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 7:15 PM

Quote: Attitudes like this are not what made Britain great. I have no interest in tennis or any other sport, but an achievement, especially a long awaited one, is something to be celebrated not nit picked.

Well done to Murray

Here here

Actually CB, I believe you misspelt twitWink

franken
franken e2 Member 123127 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 7:22 PM

Quote: The also ran comes in first. Amidst all the gnashing of teeth, the snarling, the grimacing, there shouldn't be a dry eye in the house ....should there? He never dominated, never took control or played like a champion but yes, at last, he's finally gone and done it so good for him and his mummy.

Are you sure you were watching the same match as the rest of the world??

Well done Andy!! GrinGrinGrin

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014812 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 7:36 PM

what a bizarre thread, on a day of national celebration for someone who's achieved their dream.

I wonder what drove the OP to such warped views?

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102289 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 7:45 PM

Yes - well done, Andy Murray! I thought up to a couple of years ago he didn't seem to be in quite the same bracket as the likes of Jokovic, Nadal and Federer but he has definitely proven his ability to 'dig deep' as they say and become a real champ!
To beat Jokovic in straight sets was impressive. I used to think only players like Jokovic could produce those staggeringly brilliant shots from nowhere but now Murray seems just as capable of producing the same amazing quality.
It was nice to witness the gracious sportsmanship of Jokovic who is still a great champion for Murray or anyone else to reckon with. Smile

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
7 Jul 2013 - 7:49 PM

A last it's official He IS British
I noticed when he came second he was a Scot

Anyway whatever he is he is a winner well done Andy Murray

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.