Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Murray vs Djokavic - I say .......he's finally gone and done it

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
StrayCat
StrayCat  1014199 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 7:50 PM

We get the same over here Ade, can't stand the success of a fellow countryman. The accomplishment is magnified by the fact he won against the world's best, by far. I thought he'd give him a good run, but straight sets, that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a worthy champion. Way to go ANDY!!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jul 2013 - 7:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 7:51 PM

just gutted I couldn't watch the match - just rused into a pub to see the very last game!

how tense....?

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33358 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 8:09 PM

Not just Andy...what about Froome in Le Tour and The Lions down under and NI's Graeme McDowell in the French Open golf...a magnificent weekend of British sporting achievements!

Last Modified By saltireblue at 7 Jul 2013 - 8:11 PM
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85741 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 8:27 PM

Quote: The Lions down under

Now this is a different sportSmile

Our thugs were better than their thugs on the dayWink

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 92218 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 8:31 PM

Quote: Anyway whatever he is he is a winner well done Andy Murray

Yep! I didn't realise he's only 26 years old. This guy could win lots more great tournaments. I suppose it's in the 'lap of the Gods' because when you have such incredible competition like Jokovic and Nadal etc., there's surely very little between them at their level of playing ability and any of these players could beat Murray on another day.

cantona43
cantona43  8851 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 8:34 PM

A fantastic weekend for British sport just a pity Lewis Hamilton did not spoil the Germans party but at the the end of the day a truly fantastic win for Andy Murray(🏆Wink ) the pressure he was under with the expectation must have been immense. Well done Andy and may his success continue
Neil
🇬🇧

Last Modified By cantona43 at 7 Jul 2013 - 8:38 PM
Big Bri
Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
7 Jul 2013 - 9:12 PM

don't think he watched the match. From the start, Murray was playing like a winner.
And he can't even spell Djokovic Tongue

scottishphototours

Disgusted to hear him being interviewed and refer to himself as "British" (pandering to the English media and his Wimbledon chums) then even worse was BBC Sports Editor David Bond on the news bulletin refer to his win as being "right up there along with England's win in the 1966 World Cup Finals"........truly stomach-churning stuff for every full-blooded Scot, for which the BBC has received my complaint.

That every sporting triumph should reference 1966 is a cliché of epic proportions that demeans the position of Sports Editor of an international broadcaster. The man should be sacked...

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013935 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 9:50 PM

Quote: Disgusted to hear him being interviewed and refer to himself as "British"

Isn't he English now ?

Big Bri
7 Jul 2013 - 9:52 PM

oh yawn....

isn't he entitled to refer to himself as British of he wants to?

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109962 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 10:00 PM

Quote: Disgusted to hear him being interviewed and refer to himself as "British"

Its OK, Alex Salmond is claiming it as a great victory for Scottish Nationalism Tongue

Its a game for heavens sake, one the pundits all reckoned he would lose, the "Webeartai" reckoned if he did win it would only be because "all the better players were injured"

All that matters is that he proved them all wrong and played a brilliant game, anyone who can beat "Jockovitch" - another good Scottish patriot Wink in 3 straight sets is doing OK in my mind

Who gives a stuff what he called himself - for me the correct term is Winner!

Dann
Dann  125 forum posts
7 Jul 2013 - 10:16 PM

Quote: Isn't he English now ?

Lives in Surrey - just down the road from me in fact so - yes.

Wink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2013 - 10:22 PM

he's as british as I am....

steve_p
steve_p  81073 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Jul 2013 - 10:26 PM

What a load of negativity! Scotland is part of GB , it doesn't matter which country someone is born in. Most of the Scots people don't really want independence, I understand.
BUT why can't people be happy about Andy's win. He did deserve it. Who cares where he comes from he is British.

Big Bri
7 Jul 2013 - 10:31 PM

I'm English and never been a particular fan of Murray, and I'm not going to be a hypocrite and claim him as "mine", by I am happy for him, and contrary to what the OP wrote, he dominated the match from the start. Sod the moaners, it was a well deserved win.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.