Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Murray vs Djokavic - I say .......he's finally gone and done it

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 9:27 AM

Quote: Why not, is she only Queen of England?

No, of course not. But Scotland would then no longer be a part of the United Kingdom...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Jul 2013 - 9:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 9:42 AM

But the Queen would still be the Queen of Scotland. It's the monarchy that dishes out Honours, not Westminster.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102290 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 10:26 AM

Quote: I think we can all choose to talk about what we wish, when we wish and not necessarily what any person considers the most serious issues of the day ... Life would be intolerably boring otherwise.

Absolutely - and by the same token, we can all choose to express our annoyance at silly comments or overkill on a subject (not necessarily your comments).
That said, I enjoyed the documentary programme last night about Andy Murray and I think this thread would benefit from emphasising Andy's strength and determination rather than his weaknesses. He seems to be a decent, sensitive soul - and any flaws he has or had - he seems to be dealing with pretty effectively.
I think he's a good role model for kids and that seems to be an achievement that he is trying to maintain. Smile

joolsb
9 Jul 2013 - 10:55 AM

Quote: But the Queen would still be the Queen of Scotland. It's the monarchy that dishes out Honours, not Westminster.

Not strictly true. Only the Order of the Garter (I think) is in the gift of the monarch. For everything else, it's down to the Civil Service to put together a list which the monarch then has to approve.

Last Modified By joolsb at 9 Jul 2013 - 10:59 AM
hobbo
hobbo e2 Member 3799 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 11:22 AM

I must make clear......that I have nothing against the man a all........my grouse was with all the repetitive repetitive repetitive hype surrounding him, I still don't think a Knighthood for patting a ball back and forth is in order......The knights of old will be turning in their graves......Now I guess there will be an absolute glut of advertising ......Anyone for Murray .....Ball Cleaner

Hobbo

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014148 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 12:36 PM

I never understood what was wrong with his "Anyone but England" comment, it is exactly the same answer I give when asked about the football and I'm English.
as soon as England get knocked out of any competition the ridiculous hype stops and the telly goes back to normal Smile

Quote: But the Queen would still be the Queen of Scotland.

That's not fair, she should have to reapply for the job. At least they should re-advertise the position.

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 9 Jul 2013 - 12:38 PM
joolsb
9 Jul 2013 - 12:58 PM

Quote: That's not fair, she should have to reapply for the job. At least they should re-advertise the position.

To be properly democratic, there should be a second referendum: re-instate the Scottish royal line (there must be some living descendants of James VI, surely?), stay in the commonwealth or become a republic.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014148 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 1:31 PM

Quote: To be properly democratic, there should be a second referendum: re-instate the Scottish royal line (there must be some living descendants of James VI, surely?), stay in the commonwealth or become a republic.

Nah, lets do it the traditional way: Whoever murders everyone else who has a claim to the throne gets it.

chris.maddock
9 Jul 2013 - 3:59 PM

Quote: there must be some living descendants of James VI, surely?

Well, there's always Elizabeth Windsor - ah, um ........

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43930 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 4:28 PM

Quote: there must be some living descendants of James VI, surely?

Well, there's always Elizabeth Windsor - ah, um ........

Do you mean Barbara Windsor?Grin

joolsb
10 Jul 2013 - 9:40 AM

Quote: Do you mean Barbara Windsor?

She had a 'fling' with Sid James, not King James. Easy mistake to make, tho'... Wink

chris.maddock
10 Jul 2013 - 9:47 AM

Quote: Do you mean Barbara Windsor?

She had a 'fling' with Sid James, not King James. Easy mistake to make, tho'... Wink

LOL Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.