Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Music you didn't like years ago and still don't

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2012 - 4:44 PM

I'm just playing Vangelis' Beaubourg CD. I wonder if some tastes can never change. I bought this back in the 70s and detested it. Yesterday I bought it in a pack with some others that I do like. I'm playing it and still think it's as hideous as I did back in the 70s. Whereas I had a similar dislike to Fripp and Eno No Pussyfooting but now do like it.

Are there albums you didn't like 20 or so years ago that you do now, and ones that you will never like?

Last Modified By Pete at 16 May 2012 - 4:44 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 May 2012 - 4:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JohnParminter
16 May 2012 - 4:51 PM

Quote: Are there albums you didn't like 20 or so years ago that you do now, and ones that you will never like?

There are whole genres of music I couldn't stand and still don't and not ever likely to like in the future - rap music for one.

Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9339 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
16 May 2012 - 4:51 PM

Anything by Bruce Springsteen. Hated his music 20 years ago. Still hate it now.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54168 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2012 - 5:03 PM

Jazz - anything, any type, any artist.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2012 - 5:28 PM

Quote: rap music for one.

I was the same but my son is a big rap fan and as a result I've listened to lots and do actually like, and now own, some
Quote:
Anything by Bruce Springsteen. Hated his music 20 years ago. Still hate it now.

Yep with you on that one Smile
Quote:
Jazz - anything, any type, any artist.

I used to like ECM Jazz but no longer do

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82256 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom120 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2012 - 5:34 PM

Quote: Anything by Bruce Springsteen. Hated his music 20 years ago. Still hate it now.

Yep with you on that one

No accounting for taste. I've never been partial to the synthesised pop of the 80's - there are a few exceptions, but not many. Drum & Bass sound like noise to me...

Adam

JJGEE
JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2012 - 5:42 PM

Punk Rock

kitsch
kitsch e2 Member 8425 forum postskitsch vcard United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2012 - 5:46 PM

lol yeah, Bruce Springsteen, highly overrated IMO

i couldn't get into a lot of the 80's music, synth stuff anyway...still don't like it at all
but have a daughter very much into the 80's power ballads ( journey, foreigner etc etc ) which i didn't like then but now don't mind at all lol

and used to hate rap nearly as much as country & western
but i think the rappers have improved.... or i have changed!?

(the ones i often turn up on the radio are usually classic 70's, my era i suppose but they really don't make em like they used to!) Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314806 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points

This has got me thinking Smile

I was quite into Pat Metheny back in the Eighties, find I like them just as much now even though its been a very long while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g6nPYyIS_I

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94038 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points

Bob Dylan

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43557 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2012 - 5:53 PM

Anything by Elvis Presley, and anything slightly C&W.
Have never liked them and never will.

Malc

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314806 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2012 - 5:53 PM

Quote: Bob Dylan

Yep, and the Smiths Smile Smile

MrGoatsmilk
16 May 2012 - 5:54 PM

Recent years ago...

Anything by Adele, just makes me want to throw the radio out of the window

JohnParminter
16 May 2012 - 6:06 PM

What do they call that noise that comes out of cars driven by yoofs with baseball caps on where the speakers on the back shelf are jumping up and down. The car is usually a small economical hatchback tarted up to look like a pseudo racing car with I presume the intention to impress girls. Whatever it is, I just know that I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a blunt instrument than voluntarily listen to it.

MrGoatsmilk
16 May 2012 - 6:13 PM

You will love this John

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.