Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Music you didn't like years ago and still don't

derekhansen e2
6 200 24 United Kingdom
16 May 2012 10:15PM

Quote:I'm just playing Vangelis' Beaubourg CD. I wonder if some tastes can never change. I bought this back in the 70s and detested it. Yesterday I bought it in a pack with some others that I do like. I'm playing it and still think it's as hideous

Used to love Vangelis and still do. Beauborg was the only album I bought and then took back (Woolworths were very understanding)
Derek

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
16 May 2012 10:24PM
Anything heavy metal, disco, techno.
tpfkapm 3 151 United Kingdom
16 May 2012 10:47PM
Disco still sucks,
Only genre I have big problems listening to
teepee 11 745 England
16 May 2012 10:54PM
morrisey.................yuk
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
16 May 2012 11:14PM

Quote:The Beatles bore me, always have always will

I`m glad others think the same as me Smile
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 12:57AM
Yep, Morrisey and his Smiths. Pure misery and soul destroying urban angst. Bruce Springsteen 'cos he's boring. Rap 'cos it's by people who can't sing or speak proper! Rumer or what ever her name is because she is boring too!
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 12:58AM
Oh and I forgot to mention Gilbert O'Sullivan for the same reasons as Morrisey and Rumer!
17 May 2012 5:28AM

Quote:The Beatles bore me, always have always will.

I agree as well.

Also anything by Madness. Never got them or understood them.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
17 May 2012 6:09AM
I used to hate rap, still don't like most but end up having to put up with it, there are a few that I now begrudgingly quite like, like Read all about it, by Professor Green.

First time I heard Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush I hated it with a passion now it's one of my favourite tracks (is that really 34 years ago !!).

At the time I uses never into a lot of the 80s stuff, but only this week I heard Enola Gay for the first time in years, and realised how clever it was, disquieting a protest song up into a pop sound.

I'm with everyone on jazz just don't get it, tho can't agree with the Beetles (She's leaving home is superb)
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
17 May 2012 6:42AM
I didn't like jazz as a young person, because I didn't understand it. Today I like most jazz, and try unsuccessfully to play it myself, but I don't have a clue about the Oscar Peterson style music.

I wasn't a Blues fan either, till my son started listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan. I still don't like the Blues wannabes, and you know who I mean.

Rap, no way, never!

Classical I can listen to, but don't understand.

I love Latin music, I think it has so much soul.

I have always liked, and listened to, a wide selection of music, including Country and Western, and still do. I have never been zeroed in on one genre, or artist, except the past couple years I have lost myself in Norah Jones voice and music. She's the ultimate small nightclub performer. Being on the road almost all my life, I spent many an evening in a small bar listening to that type singer, homesick, missing my family, sob...Tongue
Zatoichi 5 707 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 7:12AM
Country and Wobbly, how did that ever happen Sad
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 7:48AM
oh yeah country and western and jazz on my list, I can do most music but struggle with 'screamo' and death metal.
Must say I like skrillex too and the video for first of the year is amazing. Just bought Rizzel Kicks, love rap those rappers lol
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 7:59AM
Can't stand Morrisey, the Smiths or Meatloaf either.
NEWDIGIT 3 401 United Kingdom
17 May 2012 8:34AM
John you answered your own question NOISEWink

Eagles, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson.
It makes me laugh when my children tell me their favorite "pop stars" have released a NEW single I then dig out the original and nine times out of ten they prefer the REAL version
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
17 May 2012 9:52AM
My mate Johnny hates jazz.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.