Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

My baby step into the scary, yet intriguing and exciting world of photography.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Sleepybabe
    26 Mar 2009 - 8:11 AM

Hi everyone, I am so excited to be joining you. I am a 32 year old mother to my daughter, Candice 11 and step-daughter Jayme-Leigh, almost 15. I have always felt interested in photography but have normally left it all to my hubby. I always wanted a big professional looking camera and was looking for one in December. A store owner suggested a DSLR might be too technical for me at the moment and suggested a mini slr, specifically the Sony Cybershot DSC-H50. I don't know if it is a mini slr or even if there is such a thing as a mini slr but regardless of that I am thrilled with my new camera. I love taking photos of everyone and everything with varying degrees of success! I would really l;ove to know how to use my camera to its fullest capability but unfortunately it seems so complecated and I don't really know where to start (except by using the pre-set automatic options). So, here I am taking my first, wobbly babysteps and joining you at ephotozine. I look forward to sharing with you and learning from you. Hope you are all happy 'n' healthy and I look forward to getting to know you, take care x

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Mar 2009 - 8:11 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Mar 2009 - 8:20 AM

Welcome to the site and to photography. You are already half way to learning about photography by the very fact you are enthusiastic and getting out there taking photographs.

Never be afraid of asking what you think might be a dumb question, we all had to start somewhere and for me it is far dumber not to ask and so not to learn.

I would recommend you search the articles and forums for any information you want, then start a new thread if you can't find the answer or it left you confused.

Most of the people on here are really helpful and although you will almost certainly get some jokey responses you will also get good advice.

Above all, post some photos into the critique gallery if you genuinely want constructive feedback.

Enjoy

Ian

GillyB
    GillyB e2 Member 8313 forum postsGillyB vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Mar 2009 - 8:32 AM

Welcome Michelle!
    Excellent advice from Ian ..... I have been a member here for almost 4 years and am still learning! Have fun Smile

gill

franken
    franken e2 Member 112913 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Mar 2009 - 8:52 AM

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy it.

regards
    Ken

jken
    jken  71672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Mar 2009 - 9:06 AM

Great site to learn on, ask a question, you'll be amazed at the help you get. Top people on here....well some of us anyway....:-P

jk

FatHandedChap
    26 Mar 2009 - 9:23 AM

Your experience with the camera salesman reminds me when we went to get a moped for my wife. The salesman said that she didn't want a C90 because it was complicated as it had gears........

Welcome to the site, have fun, learn lots.

Tony

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 74167 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Mar 2009 - 10:35 AM

Hi Michelle. Welcome to EPZ. I started here nearly three years ago and thanks to everyone here I've learnt a lot (and I'm still learning). Don't be afraid to experiment with your camera - you won't break it! If you have a question (no matter how daft you think it is) don't be afraid to ask! Good luck with your photography course.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.