Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

My baby step into the scary, yet intriguing and exciting world of photography.

26 Mar 2009 8:11AM
Hi everyone, I am so excited to be joining you. I am a 32 year old mother to my daughter, Candice 11 and step-daughter Jayme-Leigh, almost 15. I have always felt interested in photography but have normally left it all to my hubby. I always wanted a big professional looking camera and was looking for one in December. A store owner suggested a DSLR might be too technical for me at the moment and suggested a mini slr, specifically the Sony Cybershot DSC-H50. I don't know if it is a mini slr or even if there is such a thing as a mini slr but regardless of that I am thrilled with my new camera. I love taking photos of everyone and everything with varying degrees of success! I would really l;ove to know how to use my camera to its fullest capability but unfortunately it seems so complecated and I don't really know where to start (except by using the pre-set automatic options). So, here I am taking my first, wobbly babysteps and joining you at ephotozine. I look forward to sharing with you and learning from you. Hope you are all happy 'n' healthy and I look forward to getting to know you, take care x

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2009 8:20AM
Welcome to the site and to photography. You are already half way to learning about photography by the very fact you are enthusiastic and getting out there taking photographs.

Never be afraid of asking what you think might be a dumb question, we all had to start somewhere and for me it is far dumber not to ask and so not to learn.

I would recommend you search the articles and forums for any information you want, then start a new thread if you can't find the answer or it left you confused.

Most of the people on here are really helpful and although you will almost certainly get some jokey responses you will also get good advice.

Above all, post some photos into the critique gallery if you genuinely want constructive feedback.

Enjoy

Ian
GillyB e2
9 316 8 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2009 8:32AM
Welcome Michelle!
Excellent advice from Ian ..... I have been a member here for almost 4 years and am still learning! Have fun Smile

gill
franken e2
12 3.2k 4 Wales
26 Mar 2009 8:52AM
Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy it.

regards
Ken
26 Mar 2009 9:06AM
Great site to learn on, ask a question, you'll be amazed at the help you get. Top people on here....well some of us anyway....:-P

jk
FatHandedChap 8 1.3k England
26 Mar 2009 9:23AM
Your experience with the camera salesman reminds me when we went to get a moped for my wife. The salesman said that she didn't want a C90 because it was complicated as it had gears........

Welcome to the site, have fun, learn lots.

Tony
KarenFB 8 4.3k 163 England
26 Mar 2009 10:35AM
Hi Michelle. Welcome to EPZ. I started here nearly three years ago and thanks to everyone here I've learnt a lot (and I'm still learning). Don't be afraid to experiment with your camera - you won't break it! If you have a question (no matter how daft you think it is) don't be afraid to ask! Good luck with your photography course.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.