Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

My Boss's Nephew Has a Camera...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Photo4x4
    Photo4x4  10470 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 May 2012 - 2:02 PM

"My boss's nephew has a camera and she is thinking of asking him to do the photos."

Oh don't you just love those words (substitute relative as necessary).

I was dealing with an enquiry this morning and having given a quote for the job the lady making the enquiry (on behalf of her boss) came out with the above!

My reply was, "If you want a professional job done then that is the price, if not then tell her to use her nephew."

Ah well, we'll see what happens I'm certainly not dropping my price to compete with FREE!.

Keith Hart

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 May 2012 - 2:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139449 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    8 May 2012 - 2:13 PM

Maybe the boss's nephew is a pro giving 'mates rates'! Wink

(Not very likely, I know).

hornchurch
    8 May 2012 - 5:58 PM

Its always funny these things..... they spend 12k on a flash wedding and all the trimmings and then want the wedding photos done on the cheap.....

scottishphototours

You should have just hung up on her when she said that...no explanation, nothing...

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 61193 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    8 May 2012 - 9:33 PM

Yep, they're all out there. As I posted on an earlier topic. At a recent wedding fayre the young lady had a good look through our albums and then said her young brother (16) had just got a camera and is thinking about becoming a photographer so she thought she should let him get started on her wedding!!!! Unbelievable! I wished her luck of course.

Photo4x4
    Photo4x4  10470 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 May 2012 - 1:51 PM

Ha! They went for the professional. Smile

Not a wedding BTW, a commercial job for a business. At least the boss saw sense in the end.

Keith Hart

danielwaters
    20 May 2012 - 7:26 PM

Great - glad to hear you got the assignment. It's all about educating the prospective client. They don't know anything about photography so they don't know why they should choose us. I don't know anything about cars of mechanics so I choose my garage based on who I trust the most. Trust is built through rapport and rapport is built by asking questions. If you ask the right questions the client will quickly understand the difference between a professional and an amateur. Asking questions also shows that you care. For weddings and family portraits you need to include a healthy amount of emotion and enthusiasm into how you relate to the client too. The successful photographers aren't always the best ones, they're the ones that know how to show the value in what they do and how they do it.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.