Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

My Contax TVS has died!

AidanT 7 49 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2010 7:23PM
My Contax TVS Film camera has died and I'm seeking advice as to where if anywhere I could get it repaired.

I was out using the camera and when I came to extend the lens barrel the camera made a repeated ticking sound and the OFF symbol appeared in the viewfinder as though the lens barrel was not extended (you have to extend the lens barrel to turn the camera on).

About thirty seconds later the flash symbol on the top plate LCD vanished. However the camera still has power as you can press the film mid roll rewind button and it powers up the motor to rewind film.

I really would like to get this camera reapired as it's discreet, pleasant to use and gives good results. I'm aware they have not been made for a while or the Contax brand imported into the UK.

Any advice as to what may be wrong with the camera or where possibly to get it reapired is much appreciated.

Thanks Aidan

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pluffy 7 135 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2010 7:33PM
You could try Here link
AidanT 7 49 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2010 7:42PM
Thanks Steve,
thats great I will contact them and see what they say!

Aidan

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.