Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

My favourites

Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
13 Jan 2011 1:22PM
I've just received an email that accuses me of the usual awarding my favourites again. Rather than reply individually I'll reply here which also goes to anyone else who still thinks I award pics to favourites.

I DO NOT choose pics based on favourites

I have chosen to use the ePHOTOzine favourites feature but have that purely as an option to look back at any particular photographer who stands out for whatever reason.

I don't go viewing their portfiolios religiously I look at my favs list once in a blue moon...the first time today for about six months just to see if QFQ or Brisco are on my list. No they are not...neither is Cheryl...nor in fact any bird photographer. Bird photography is not up there in my world of favorites.

I just try to award pictures that I see are of outstanding quality either from either a wow factor or technical point of view.
I do not penalise those who question my choice
I just try to provide an honest addition to the site

This is the last time I'm discussing ECs - my line will take that of a typical magazine editor and become " the editors choice is final "

If you don't like my choice - ignore it - stop looking in the EC gallery. And have a go yourself...as a Guest Editor

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JamesGarfield 5 915 4 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2011 1:26PM
Can't say fairer than that.
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
13 Jan 2011 1:31PM
Someone's wearing his grumpy hat today.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
13 Jan 2011 1:33PM
I agree - if one doesn't like the EC choice - move on.

Everyone has the opportunity to be a Guest editor - and if one thinks it's that easy - give it a go.

But be prepared to take the 'flak'.

Wink

EDIT:

Quote:Someone's wearing his grumpy hat today.

Join our Group Pete!! Grin
edrhodes 9 521 12 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2011 3:00PM
I don't know how you have the patience to keep answering this question year after year Pete...

Bottom line is to all the moaners, put up a good image and it will get awarded, if it's not it wont, simple as....
mattw 10 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2011 3:04PM
Oh dear, poor Cheryl. Wink
ejtumman 10 2.8k England
13 Jan 2011 3:06PM
I can't believe this still gets bought up......

But it has made me chuckle Smile

(Sorry)

E
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Jan 2011 3:17PM

Quote:Oh dear, poor Cheryl. Wink

awwww.......Tongue
Gaucho e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2011 3:24PM
Just ignore them. If they leave, so what? You don't need them.
Gary_Macleod 10 159 Scotland
13 Jan 2011 3:42PM
as you say Pete...let them have a crack at it....i certainly wouldn't want to do it
13 Jan 2011 4:31PM
I shouldn't take it to heart if I were you Pete. When time is of the essence and trawling the gallery isn't an option then I just peruse the EC and HC galleries as I know for a fact that they will contain an eclectic mix of quality photographs. And if certain names appear quite regularly in there then so what .... they're just ruddy good photographers. Simples.

Interestingly I've just perused the GE gallery and was quite surprised to see that there's some very good stuff in there too. So well done Guest Editor's for being objective and picking quality images rather than all their chums shots.
Nick_w e2
7 3.9k 99 England
13 Jan 2011 4:38PM
As the incumbent GE all I can say is that it's not easy, I honestly don't know how you do it day after day week after week.

Any judges view is always going to be subjective. If the comments relate to a recent bird on stick image - I can also say it was on my shortlist and I too nearly gave it an award.

Your right to go with the line the editors decision is final. If they feel so strongly it's a shame the person concerned doesn't have the courtesy of doing so in the forum and putting themselves forward as GE.

It's another example of knocking the site instead of celebrating what's good about it.

What I will say I've as GE I've tried to be as objective as possible - I haven't visited my favourite list. Yes some people have distinctive styles so there's no hiding who they are.
sitan1 e2
6 521 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2011 5:01PM
How do I get on this favourite list and how much does it cost GrinGrinGrinGrin
sitan1 e2
6 521 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2011 5:01PM
Above was a joke by the way Tongue
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
13 Jan 2011 5:08PM

Quote:How do I get on this favourite list and how much does it cost

Ask Cheryl, she's forked out loads in bribes according to some of the jealous crew. When they can appreciate she's a bloody good photographer my job will be an easier Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.