Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

My film shot on a 5D is a Semi-Finalist in Ridley Scott/Youtube's filmfest!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    brucedevons
    20 Jun 2012 - 2:10 AM

I can't believe it, my film "Sold" was chosen as a semi-finalist out of over 15,000 submissions for Ridley Scott's "Your Film Festival"! http://www.voteforsold.com

If my film 'Sold' is voted by the public into the top 10, I'll be flown to Venice, Italy to open the Venice International Film Festival with my film! Even more amazing, if 'Sold' wins, Scott Free Productions will award a $500,000 grant for me to make my dream movie with Ridley Scott! Please help my dreams come true and vote!

Sold is about a young journalist who is inadvertently captured into a human trafficking ring while investigating the treatment of undocumented immigrants in America.

This competition is another fascinating look at how Scott Free productions has been able to use Youtube to gain more exposure for filmmakers (the first being that Life in a Day documentary).

The above link will take someone directly to the film where they can click the red "VOTE" button to the right. Voting ends on July 13th and people are allowed to vote once a day. If you like the film, please help! I can't even imagine how cool it would be to go to Venice Film Festival and open the fest with my short! If you like the film, please vote!

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 20 Jun 2012 - 12:10 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Jun 2012 - 2:10 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2012 - 3:41 AM

I have only watched yours and it is very impressive.
    I will need to watch the others though.
    Well done, very well done.

brucedevons
    20 Jun 2012 - 4:03 AM

Thanks Coleslaw! You can vote for as many videos as you see fit and can even vote once a day.
    Thanks for your vote! I'm glad you liked the film Smile

konu
    konu  631 forum posts United Kingdom
    20 Jun 2012 - 10:45 AM

Congratulatilons! Gr8 work

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8509 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    20 Jun 2012 - 12:31 PM

Quite an imaginative short film.....the ending leaves room for a follow up.

How d you turn off the sub-titles (...grunt...tyres screeching..etc)?

Where do you fit in.....I couldn't see your name in any of the credits?

shreel
    shreel  4 India1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2012 - 2:23 PM

Good work..definately deserved a vote..
    nice work with the 1st scene itself..loved it..the angle..everything

brucedevons
    20 Jun 2012 - 5:41 PM

Thanks guys, really appreciate it!
    Rogerfry, sorry -- I just realized this is the wrong username I posted this on. My name is John Irwin, I'm the writer/director/editor.
    Those subtitles are annoying, they come on automatically. There's a button in the bottom right of the youtube video "CC" for closed captions that you can click on and turn off.
    I made the short to act as sort of a demo for the feature version so I'm hoping the ending leaves room for people to want more from the story.

Thanks Shreel! That first angle...might have drawn inspiration from just having seen inception Wink
    Also, I used Topaz Adjust for that first shot. Have you guys used that at all for photos?

brucedevons
    9 Jul 2012 - 9:04 PM

Below are some behind-the-scenes photos. The biggest challenge was figuring out how to do the trunk scenes. Last minute we found the back half of a taxi cab on rollers that had a hole in the axle and a remove-able side. So helpful! It also didn't hurt to be using the 5D in such a small space. Smile

Please vote, only 5 days left! http://www.voteforsold.com
    trunk1.jpg
    trunk2.jpg
    alley1.jpg
    allthreeposters-thumb.jpg

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.