Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

My first video share here

brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2013 4:43PM
I'm not sure if this will work (I had a quick search but couldn't find anything on uplading / sharing vids), I've spent a few hours yesterday and today shooting macros of soap bubbles finishing up shooting a short video of one using my EM5.

The heat of the continuous lighting I used set up a rapidly circulating "atmosphere" with the soap / water interface moving over the spherical surface of the bubble.

As I say, its my first go and I have still to find out how to slow it down properly (so far I can only get it down to half-speed) so any clues from the video savvy would be most welcome. (I'm using Magix MX)

Anyway, here it is (I hope) all comments gratefully reveived

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2013 10:08PM
Video pad is free and has facility to slow it down. Glad your enjoying experimenting with the video feature, I've done quite a lot this year and quite impressed what you can do with it.
brian1208 e2
10 Jan 2013 10:11PM
thanks Kev, I will download it and have a look
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2013 5:25PM
Can't help with the speed settings Brian, but very impressed with the video.....a good example of how the mundane can look spectacular given the right circumstances.
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
11 Jan 2013 5:38PM
Moviemaker, bundled with Windows 7, but also downloadable for older OS will slow it down to 0.125x Brian....

Ade
brian1208 e2
11 Jan 2013 5:52PM
Thanks Roger and Ade,

I must have another look at Moviemaker Ade as I played with it yesterday but didn't find that function.

I've been trying to find some music to go with it today
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
11 Jan 2013 6:07PM
Under the Edit screen Brian as per image below...Using the drop memu it will go down to 0.125 as I say Smile

5-image1.jpg

brian1208 e2
11 Jan 2013 7:09PM
thanks Ade
if the above does not work or you simply don't wish to get the additional software, send me the file and i will slow it to anything you like - i shoot weddings and corporate and have fairly serious video kit that can do anythnig you can imagine (sadly)
brian1208 e2
12 Jan 2013 11:34AM
Thanks Phil, I'm slowly getting there. I've now got to find out how to synch the slowed down vid to a sound track.

Isn't it funny how you get used to using one piece of software - ProShow Gold for AV shows in my case but struggle with another to do a similar job (more likely its just me that suffers from that Wink )
brian1208 e2
12 Jan 2013 12:27PM
OK, thanks to Ade (and all who offered help) I now have the video slowed down and a sound track added. I'll need to check the license situation re: putting it up on YouTube as I think its only valid for personal /small Club show use.
Works on the PC, now I've got to sort out a TV version
KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2013 4:26PM
soundtracks are autochecked by utube and stopped if the owners dont have an aggreement with U-Tube, most commercial music is fine as it then sends you a message saying adverts will appear on your video, so just upload and you will be fine.
In some cases certain tracks can not be seen by viewers in other countrys dependent again on the agreement with u-tube.

Just dont worry about going into to heavy checking as what im trying to say is u-tube will do that for from the embedded track information

If the video is full HD then consider vimeo as this is reputed to be far better for HD Video
brian1208 e2
12 Jan 2013 4:43PM
Thanks Kev, I'll sort it out later
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
13 Jan 2013 11:43AM
Look at this site Creative Commons it gives some good info on what you can and can't use with links to music libraries that you can source tracks from... http://freemusicarchive.org/ is also another good place to look.

Ade
brian1208 e2
14 Jan 2013 11:25PM
Thanks for all the help, I've found my answer in a combination of Moviemaker to create the video, then imported that into ProShow Gold where I added some stills AV and combined the two into rather a nice show for the Digital Groups AV comp in March.

So much to learn, so little time to do it Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.