Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

my foliopic site

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    AlexandraSD
    AlexandraSD e2 Member 2432 forum postsAlexandraSD vcard United Kingdom
    24 Jan 2013 - 6:37 PM

Ok, been working on this site for a week or two now, still work in progress as far as the reviews are concerned, need to do more images, but aside from that, what do you think of it in general? Its basically a narration of my year with a new camera, with reviews centred around that camera, though we are only in january so there isn't much narration there at present, but those blanks will be filled in as time progresses.

Anyhow, thats about it, just a bit of fun but who knows, now i have got my head around how foliopic works i may seriously have to consider my web hosting options, the print shop is very handy but i sell tshirts online, not prints, and the tshirts sell fairly well, rather reluctant to let that one go im afraid, but the foliopic interface isn't too bad once you realize where everything is and how to get to it, the fact we can alter the CSS is a big bonus, but im not sure i can do too much with it aside from changing the variables and not the actual structure itself, i shall have to play with it further.

Just out of curiosity, will there be any upgrades or version release's in the near or not too distant future?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Jan 2013 - 6:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2013 - 7:09 PM

You've done a grand job of making it look totally unique using css. And that's one of the big advantages with this system over most. It is possible to go even further but I've not grasp those aspects and leave the template designs to the IT guys. Looks like you'll grasp it. The beautiy is the database structure pulls into the sections you design so you don't have to understand php or mysql the system takes care of that and you just need to know what to wrap around that if you want originality. You're doing good so far Smile

We are planning taking the product further and have just found a replacement for Richard ( still to be announced officially) so things will start to get back up to speed. And foliopic is on the cards for extra development.

AlexandraSD
    AlexandraSD e2 Member 2432 forum postsAlexandraSD vcard United Kingdom
    25 Jan 2013 - 4:05 AM

wow, i'll just carry on then Grin

Never got to grips with mysqp or php, went right over my head, but foliopic is a lot more flexible than i originally thought, definitely worth spending time to get to know how it works, and i think i prefer the gallery to those on moonfruit, where my other site is, the slideshows are amazing there but the thumbnail image galleries take so long to load since the new revamp there, and thats never a good move. The foliopic galleries load in seconds, and its so tidy looking, and i do like a nice thumbnail gallery Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.