Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

My last day at ePHOTOzine...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Will
Will  131788 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Jan 2007 - 5:44 PM

The 26th of January is going to be my last day at ePHOTOzine. It's been about five years of hard work and I've enjoyed every minute.

My leaving has been planned for some time and is a result of wanting to spend some time travelling and doing other things. It's got nothing to do with Pete being a slave-driver. Wink

Seriously though, I couldn't have asked for better people to work with (both here in the office and all of you on the site) all these years and am genuinely sad to be going.

However I am pleased to be leaving ePHOTOzine in the capable hands of David and Ben and they are doing a great job on developing the latest version of the site. I'll probably be coming back to visit the site, maybe even upload some photos and provide "constructive criticism" to the IT team on what an "old boy" like myself would do differently. Grin

Lastly, I won't be checking my will at ephotozine account anymore, so if anyone wants to email me about anything non-ephotozine, please email williamsmith at gmail dot com.

Thanks everyone!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jan 2007 - 5:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2007 - 5:47 PM

Sorry to see you go Will.

Hope you enjoy your time travelling - are you going to go into the past or into the future first?

Goatsmilkuk
25 Jan 2007 - 5:52 PM

Hope you have a great time, just don't forget the camera!

JohnHawthorne
25 Jan 2007 - 5:52 PM

Sorry to see you go Will, but thanks for all your hard work especially for those many times when you responded during the unsocial hours.

Do you have any idea where you're travelling? I bet you've been inspired by the travel photos in the ePz gallery. I heard Pete has now banned the travel section of the gallery at ePz towers ...

All the best for the future,
John.

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105968 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2007 - 5:54 PM

Very best wishes in all your new ventures, Will. Take care,

Jeanie

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110282 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2007 - 5:55 PM

Happy Change of Life as one of my Chinese friends said to me when I retired (I realise you aren't REALLY retiring but it may just seem like it! Smile

Thanks for all the good work and I hope your new venture is everything you want

Brian

dark_lord
dark_lord Critique Team 101475 forum postsdark_lord vcard England130 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2007 - 5:57 PM

Best wishes Will.

How's the Photium side of things going?

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2007 - 5:58 PM

Really sorry to see you go Will, you've been such a help in setting up my Photium site, always there when any problems have happened.

I really hope that travelling is all you wish it to be, good luck to you.

Best wishes

Sarah

User_Removed
25 Jan 2007 - 6:04 PM

Will. You know how I hold you in high regard...

Good Luck.

Stay in touch...

IanA
IanA  103048 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2007 - 6:05 PM

If I recall correctly, you tried leaving once before. And it lasted how long before you were dragged, probably kicking and screaming, back again! And you've let the cat out of the bag a whole 24hrs before you've actually escaped!! Some chance!

Genuinely though Will, take care and have a great time. And if you travel down this way at all, give me a knock (there's a few things I need sorting!!)

Smile)

Ian

ZenTog
ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2007 - 6:05 PM

sorry to see you go Will have a good time travelling and keep up the good work with the photium site!!!

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2007 - 6:31 PM

Ian beat me to it, you definitely made a previous unsuccessful escape bid and as he says you've now given a whole 24hrs notice.

No point in me getting a Photium site now then Smile)

Best of luck, but who can I bully at Focus now? How big are David and Ben?

Seriously best wishes.
Cheryl

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012604 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2007 - 6:36 PM

Good luck Will, thanks for all your hard work both on epz and with Photium every minute has been very much appreciated Smile, sad to see you go though :-(. All the best. K.

Will
Will  131788 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Jan 2007 - 6:40 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm not travelling immediately, I have to wait for my other half to get organised first. When she does, we're planning to visit Paris, Berlin and maybe Barcelona to start with.

Although leaving ePHOTOzine, my involvement in Photium will only be positively affected, as I'll be able to take a more active role in developments there.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2007 - 6:40 PM

Good luck Will.

I recon it will be about 10:30 tomorrow morning before David & Ben start blaming you for the problems Smile

You should be proud of what you have done with the site and how well it holds together.

Chris

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.