Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

My new website! (yes another one!)

kokobrown e2
10 1.9k Scotland
26 Jan 2008 1:42PM
Hi everyone,

A few months ago I asked what people thought of my site, didnt get much feedback so maybe it was crap!

Well its been redone, and Id really like to know what you all think of it!

www.kokobrown.com

Laura xx

edit - cant this link to work!?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
26 Jan 2008 2:12PM
Linky-Link thingy... Wink

VERY slow to load Laura Sad both the home page and the various links. Had this been a non-EPZ members site I would have been long gone before the loading had completed. Sorry...
Sorry - too slow for me.
Briwooly e2
9 452 5 England
26 Jan 2008 2:49PM
Great pictures Laura and and I like the Idea of the site , but far far to slow sorry

Brian........................
Sus e2
10 3.2k 9 England
26 Jan 2008 3:13PM
great - when its loaded. But I would not normally have the patience to wait that long.
Lou_C e2
7 755 2 England
26 Jan 2008 3:17PM
As with everyone else I think its far too slow, and TBH for me the front page is too bland, if it had been a normal browse through sites I would have took one glance and thought if thats all they have to offer then I'll not bother :? Sorry Sad
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
26 Jan 2008 4:04PM
Dread to think what that must be like on anything but a quick connection. Felt disappointed when it finally did load, it's not for me. Like someone else here, I would never normally have waited that long for it to load, I would have been gone, looking for another site.
bohemia e2
12 152 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2008 4:14PM
Yes, slow for me too, I noticed that if I clicked on the fashion thumbnails and then clicked on the back arrow on the top tool bar that it takes you straight out of the site back to google, is that supposed to happen?
kokobrown e2
10 1.9k Scotland
26 Jan 2008 4:45PM
Oh?
No ones ever said its slow.. it loads in less than a second here?! aarrgh!

L x
olbell e2
7 47 1 England
26 Jan 2008 4:48PM
Hi Laura,
i have to agree with everyone else it is far to slow, my connection is very fast and it took about 1 min to load the thumbnails, after that its ok. The photos are excellent but i wouldn't normally wait to see them! I would say you dont want any picture to be more than 150kb and a 1000 pixels wide. What are they now? White background perhaps not the best maybe try a black border on the photos. Sorry to say bad things afterall i bet you spent alot of time on it!

Cheers, Ollie

I have just made a site:

www.obellphotography.co.uk
richard00 e2
8 504 1
26 Jan 2008 4:58PM

Quote:Oh?
No ones ever said its slow.. it loads in less than a second here?! aarrgh!
L x

are you viewing online, or on your machine? looks like your preloading everything [going by how slow the site is but how quick you can go between images] at the start, rather than as the user goes
great pictures, but also another example of how not to use flash
kokobrown e2
10 1.9k Scotland
26 Jan 2008 6:49PM
oh well, maybe i should ask for my money back!!

Had good feedback elsewhere, suppose its just each to their own!
olbell e2
7 47 1 England
26 Jan 2008 7:15PM
Larua the reason it will load up quick on your computer is because i think you computer has already stored the page for offline viewing therefore you aren't downloading it like us everytime. I dont have a problem with the flash just the speed!

Rgds Ollie
stolzy 9 3.8k 7
26 Jan 2008 7:22PM
I think the problem is that the site loads all the images in a gallery before showing the thumbnails. If the site gave you something to see whilst the thumbs and images were loading it would seem quicker.
I like the design.
rogerbryan e2
10 397 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2008 9:53PM
Sadly I agree with most of the comments here, it is slow to load the home page. Once it is loaded and the thumbnails are clicked the actual image you want to veiw loads very quickly. I think the most important thing is that once the hompage has opened up, there is no images on it. Afer all it is the images you are trying to promote and any potential veiwer / customer wants to see the type of photography you are capable of very quickly. I have some analysis of my own website which indicates that on average people only stay on my site just over a minute in that time they average approx 8 page veiws. If you have to wait 20secs for your homepage to download, the chances are you potential veiwer will have lost interest.

Anyone who does spend the time will see that your standard of photograhy is excellent so you priority needs to be show them your work and show then quickly.

Roger

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.