Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

My new wildlife website

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LeeFisher
LeeFisher e2 Member 559 forum postsLeeFisher vcard England8 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2010 - 9:18 PM

Hi everyone I have recently purchased a foliopic website and would very much appreciate your opinions on the lay out ,speed, and overall impression of the site.
The site is still in the development stages and i am trying to achieve a minimalist feel which concentrates on wildlife images.
I would very much appreciate everyones opinion.
with kind regards
fish
my website link

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Mar 2010 - 9:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lawbert
lawbert  71701 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2010 - 9:27 PM

Hi Fish

Ive just had a quick look and it was pretty slow to load..(I have a 6mb connection)
The pictures are great but the sharpening is far to extreme imho making them look very unatural.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2010 - 9:34 PM

Speed is no problem for me, and probably similar to mine as well.
I do like the clean front page with only the slide show.
I would tell me the same advice I got: try to keep it uniform. If you want to use frame on your photos, then make them all framed. If not, then make them all without it.
Also, probably reduce the slide show number to about 10 or less. And the slideshow display time is a bit too long for me, 2 - 3 secs each is long enough IMHO.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 26 Mar 2010 - 9:37 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
LeeFisher
LeeFisher e2 Member 559 forum postsLeeFisher vcard England8 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2010 - 9:39 PM

Thanks for the opinions lawbert. On my connection it takes approx 5 seconds to load which i can live with. If you are experiencing a longer period of time i will have to address this.
As for the oversharpening, that is a concern. All the images have been lifted straight out of my epz portfolio. Do you think they are over sharpened there? Thanks for your time
fish

LeeFisher
26 Mar 2010 - 9:41 PM

Thanks cole,
Really appreciate the time you've taken to comment. Will look into the frame issue.
fish.

justin c
justin c  104517 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2010 - 10:21 PM

A nice selection of images. I particularly like the deer gallery.
In the wildlife and birds of prey sections I'd prefer to see all the captive animals labelled as such, but that's from another photographers point of view, the general public may, or may not care.

Last Modified By justin c at 26 Mar 2010 - 10:23 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
LeeFisher
26 Mar 2010 - 10:37 PM

Thanks very much for your opinions Justin, i never even considered your point on the captive animals. Long term i would like to replace all the captive images for natural but don't have the content at the moment. Alot of the images are just there to pack the gallery out a bit.
with regards fish.

andylea
andylea  537 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2010 - 11:59 PM

speed no problem for me site looking very good will be back to see how it develops
andy

LeeFisher
27 Mar 2010 - 12:01 AM

Thanks Andy, will hopefully develop the site more over the coming weeks.
fish.

Lou100
Lou100  5 England
27 Mar 2010 - 1:42 PM

Just checked out the website. I really like it. I particularly like the clean layout of the home page.
Lou

jonah794
jonah794  51723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2010 - 7:38 PM

I absolutely love your pictures, and I think the site is very clearly set out and easy to navigate through. The galleries are easy and the home-page is uncluttered. The only issue is the beginning speed, as even on this iMac it is pretty slow Sad Still, a great visit and I will no doubt return later to take a deeper look!

LeeFisher
27 Mar 2010 - 8:43 PM

Thanks for your opinions lou.
fish

LeeFisher
27 Mar 2010 - 8:44 PM

Thanks for your comments Jonah much appreciated. How slow was the start up for you?
fish.

aftertherain
28 Mar 2010 - 11:51 AM

Too slow to load - I gave up. Sorry

Great pictures in your pf here so I'd guess they'll look good to anyone willing to wait for it to load.

Last Modified By aftertherain at 28 Mar 2010 - 11:53 AM
JamesGarfield
28 Mar 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hi Lee
I like your website very much, I had no issues with it loading. I thought it was very "crisp" and nicely laid out.
I do think though that you may want to review some of the pics you have in some of the Portfolios as some are just minor variations of each other. For instance in the Red Deer gallery I would take out the top row of pics as they're all very similar, they're all very good but seem to be just packing, compare them against "Autmn Red Stag" which I have to say is just fantastic and they become much of a muchness.
I have exactly the same problem with my website and am currently cutting back on the variations of a theme just leaving hopefully the best.
I think your work is brilliant but sometimes less is definitely more.
Regards
James

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.