Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

My nissin mark 622ii not working

Smasha e2
2 3 India
8 Dec 2012 10:27AM
Hello all ...I bought my canon 550d a while ago and purchased the nissin external flash along with it
It used to work well till some time ago when it started giving me trouble .the red light does not turn green after switching it on most of the times and even if it does ..after a single flash it turns red again and does not green again..am using rechargeable Sony cels and have made sure they Are always charged ....please help
Thanks
Shivani

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2012 10:46AM
You need to eliminate the possibility that one of the Sony cells is bad, which is quite likely with NiMH cells, especially if they are not used very often. Just get a pack of four alkaline cells and see if that fixes it. If it does, replace the Sony cells with Sanyo Eneloop or equivalent.
Smasha e2
2 3 India
8 Dec 2012 10:52AM
Thanks so much ...will try this and get back
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
8 Dec 2012 3:14PM

Quote:You need to eliminate the possibility that one of the Sony cells is bad, which is quite likely with NiMH cells, especially if they are not used very often. Just get a pack of four alkaline cells and see if that fixes it. If it does, replace the Sony cells with Sanyo Eneloop or equivalent.

...or just keep using fresh alkaline batteries. Rechargeable ones are far too much od a slitter for me. Much easier to carry a spare pack of normal ones.
widtink e2
2 406 2 Scotland
8 Dec 2012 4:44PM
skitter lolWink
oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2012 5:11PM
Eneloops consistently outperform alkalines. They hold their charge extremely well and give a much more consistent cycle time over the life of the charge than alkalines. Alkalines have significantly higher internal resistance than Eneloops, so despite the higher initial voltage are unable to provide a high enough current to give short recycle times. Tests show an initial flash cycle time nearly 25% slower with alkalines, while by the time you've nearly exhausted the cells the gap has widened to nearly 50% as the on-load voltage drops off quite badly.
Smasha e2
2 3 India
9 Dec 2012 3:18AM
Hello I tried putting new alkaines into the flash but it did not even show the red light consistently...I mean the red light blinked a bit and went off again ..with my Sony Niamh ones at least it used to switch on to red and occasionally fire Sad
oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2012 10:39AM
Oh dear! It does sound like there's a problem with the flash then. Unless it's still under warranty it would most likely cost more to repair than a new unit, at least in the UK.
Smasha e2
2 3 India
10 Dec 2012 12:01PM
I am in India and the worst part is I ordered it onlineSad don't know whether they would accept it ??

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.