Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

My site, the good the bad and the ugly

lonely_oryx e2
7 61 54 England
16 Aug 2008 4:46PM
If you are really bored can you take a peek at

www.johnlarry.piczo.com

Is is very simple but free and I have over 500 images on it.

Regards.

John

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ajhw2 6 34 England
16 Aug 2008 4:52PM
URL does not work for me
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
16 Aug 2008 5:18PM
You need to exclude the last dot to make the URL work.

You have some fantastic photo's there but I'm not fussed on the design, for me it lacks that professional sheen.

Is there any reason you haven't used Photium or the like. Does it come down to money??

See Here.

I can recommend them.

You need more impact on the opening page and once you open an album to be able to view the thumb nails quickly.
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
16 Aug 2008 5:24PM
You also have a pop up on the about me page ...GGrrr
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
16 Aug 2008 5:38PM
Linkety-Link

Been around a bit then John..??

Wink
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
16 Aug 2008 6:12PM

Quote:You also have a pop up on the about me page ...GGrrr

Yes, that's certainly the "ugly" side of the site, I never got to see the the "good , the bad", I was outta there. Saw two pop ups in the brief time I was there, one something to do with mobiles, and one for web sites. That isn't the way to keep people on your site.
jonksharpe 6 74
16 Aug 2008 6:39PM
Why go for free hosting? With free hosting you have all sorts of popups and adverts.

Hosting is sooo cheap these days, you can get a year for a tenner in some places.
jonksharpe 6 74
16 Aug 2008 6:40PM
Actually, Heart internet offer free hosting without adverts, I just remembered. Its only a small account with limited features, but it should do the job for you.
MikeH 9 217 4 England
16 Aug 2008 6:41PM
Your site attacked my computer!!!!

Mike
lonely_oryx e2
7 61 54 England
16 Aug 2008 7:46PM
Interesting comments. Not what I was expecting but enough to make me think about changes.

Many thanks
Geraint 8 715 34 Wales
16 Aug 2008 8:39PM
As has been said, your photos are impressive, but I agree about the popups. Also the white background is too bright for me - it is very distracting. I also found the navigation a bit awkward. Have a think about using one of the hosting companies like Photium and Clickpic. I'm with Photium, and am very pleased with it.
Geraint
lonely_oryx e2
7 61 54 England
16 Aug 2008 10:23PM
I have had a lot of initial hits on my site but not many visitors had gone further. I now know why.
summ3r 7 26 1 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2008 12:16AM
I'm afraid I'm one of the ones who didn't go further, the pop ups really spoil it for me.
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
17 Aug 2008 9:30AM

Quote:I have had a lot of initial hits on my site but not many visitors had gone further. I now know why.

Yes, I can't think of a surer way of driving people from your site, ask again for opinions when you have got rid of the pop ups! ; )
stolzy 9 3.8k 7
17 Aug 2008 9:42AM
Very nice pictures, but the site is horrible.
I would never go past the first page on a site with such poor design and popups.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.