Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

My Spyder calibration software is behaving oddly.... Ideas please?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jimthistle73
    22 Feb 2013 - 8:07 PM

Evening all. I've been using a Spyder 2 calibrator for years without any problems. Recently, the software loads on starting the computer, tells me the screen has been calibrated (screen goes dark) and then it seems to be 'overridden' and the screen lightens up to the uncalibrated appearance. Tried a few more calibrations - all in the usual darkened room but no joy.

Any ideas on what I could check would be much appreciated, ta!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Feb 2013 - 8:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH
    GlennH e2 Member 81820 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Feb 2013 - 10:59 PM

There were frequently problems a few years back with the calibration data being knocked out in various ways by Vista. I think Datacolor dropped support for the Spyder 2 with Windows 7?

Anyway, if this is happening at startup it's possible the OS is loading an alternative default profile (the calibration data is tagged to the profile). So digging around in colour management settings and making sure the correct profile is associated with your monitor is one idea. Graphics drivers have also been known to override calibration settings. Disabling competing apps at startup or altering the order they load is another possible fix.

The Spyder 2 is adjusting the white point and gamma at startup, but the brightness you likely need to dial in yourself when you calibrate.

jimthistle73
    23 Feb 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thanks GlennH. The machine in question is Windows 7, and the issue did start after a recent update. I'll drop them (Spyder) an email and see what they say.

Quote: Anyway, if this is happening at startup it's possible the OS is loading an alternative default profile (the calibration data is tagged to the profile).

I'm certain this is what's happening, but don't know how to tell it to load my chosen profile. I've checked the startup items and there's nothing obvious - only the essentials.

GlennH
    GlennH e2 Member 81820 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Feb 2013 - 3:37 PM

Windows 7 has its own LUT loader, which may cause conflict - this page may help.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.